PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is looking to hire a Procurement Officer in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the Country Office and project procurement of goods and services. The incumbent assures the procurements are undertaken and completed in a timely manner including attention to procurement full cycle of procurement including procurement plans, procurement request due dates and supplier performance periods. The staff member will ensure that PATH and Project procurement policies, procedures, rules, and guideline are followed in the delivery of procurement services. This includes commodity and service procurement actions are compliant with PATH, Project, and donor regulations.
Working closely with Congolese communities and government leaders, PATH addresses some of DRC’s toughest health challenges. We apply our on-the-ground expertise to HIV, tuberculosis, malaria, and neglected tropical diseases as well as reproductive, maternal, and child health. Our work includes advocating at the national level to strengthen funding for essential health interventions, such as immunization; providing targeted technical assistance; leveraging our relationships with funders, private industry, community-based organizations, and others for sustainable results; and adapting and introducing innovative, low-cost technologies and evidence-based best practices. Our operational presence in the DRC has grown steadily since 2009.
The Procurement Officer will be based in Kinshasa and will report to the Finance and Administration Director.
- Manage procurement of goods and services through blanket purchase and purchase orders.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and Project procurement policies.
- Planning annual procurements for projects and the Country Office program.
- Execute the purchase process of a wide range of goods, commodities, and services.
- Understand the extensive and complex procurement budgets of the project.
- Monitor the procurement documentation process for compliance with relevant regulations.
- Administer the procurement function that includes obtaining specifications from the technical units, solicitation documents, managing evaluations, and overseeing vendor selection.
- Oversee vendor relationships, contacts, and pre-qualifications lists.
- Provide input related to project procurement for financial and other reports.
- Maintain procurement files in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provide procurement guidance and interpretation to operations and program staff.
- Train procurement and program staff on procurement policies and procedures.
- Visit delivery sites periodically where services and commodities are being delivered.
- Manage procurement-related tasks in coordination with the provincial project offices.
- Collaborate with the technical teams for actions related to procurement delivery service.
- Ensure tax exemptions are applied to procurements.