Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Department: Procurement and Logistics
Based in: Washington, DC
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI is seeking a Procurement and Logistics Officer to support our commodity, service provider and compliance activities. The Procurement Officer will report to Senior Procurement Officer and will be based in Washington, D.C.Head Quarters (HQ)
- Liaise with field offices to determine procurement needs and appropriate delivery schedules.
- Liaise with global PSI staff to provide regular status reports to field offices, and coordinate scheduling and share information on orders.
- Support the process for quality checks of procurements by network members
- Be responsible for “Procure to Pay” cycle for procurement activity in close coordination with Senior Procurement Officer
- Provide short term technical assistance and capacity building to field offices and HQ staff, including
- Support the procurement unit in training staff of requesting departments, on process, PSI policy and funders policies, best practice and document requirements.
- Support the requesting departments in on boarding consultants and service providers in a support of filed projects. and find opportunities for improved collaboration between the Procurement Department and the requesting departments.
- Provide support to the procurement department, to build a community of practice for those engaged in procurement in our field offices and HQ.
- Interact with key stakeholders of Program Management Team at HQ and Network Member countries in identifying needs, building relationships and explaining the benefits and cost savings of early procurement planning.
- Other duties as necessary to support PSI’s global health impact.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Under Graduate Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in procurement or related in Supply Chain Management, preferably in pharmaceutical and allied health product industry.
- Working knowledge of public procurement regulations.
- Have basic experience with developing systems for Vendor KPI’s and Evaluation
- Knowledge of overall supply chain operations
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong computer skills, and ERP Software understanding
- Working knowledge of Spanish or French is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.