PATH has been in Kenya since 1990, operating as part of our global organization that works in over 70 countries around the world. Over the course of two and half decades, PATH Kenya has worked closely with the Government of Kenya and other key partners in designing and applying appropriate and innovative approaches that have contributed to improving the quality of care and saving lives.
USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto aims to increase the use of quality county-led, county-owned, and county-managed health and social services for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescents, as well as reducing new HIV infections, reducing gender-based violence, and improving the health system response to post-gender-based violence care for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) aged 9 to 24 years. The program will safeguard the rights and welfare of children and adolescents impacted by HIV/AIDS.
USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto will be implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Homa Bay, Migori, and Kisii, in close collaboration with and in support of county health management teams and the Ministry of Health of Kenya. USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto will work in coordination with USAID and other host-country public and private partners, including the departments of children services, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), and public health facilities.
We seek to recruit a Procurement Associate who will be responsible for day-to-day processing of procurements in compliance with USAID rules / PATH Kenya’s internal policies and ensure timely purchase of goods and services for the project, while maintaining high standards of stewardship and accountability.
The Procurement Associate will be based in Homa Bay.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for project procurement and ensuring compliance with donor and PATH policies.
- Undertaking all procurement functions, such as preparing requests for quotations, managing bid evaluations; coordinating the vendor selection process; developing procurement justification documentation (e.g., bid analyses; selection and negotiation memos etc.); and executing purchase orders with selected vendors.
- Monitoring all purchase orders and following up with vendors to obtain invoices.
- Coordinating with the Accounting team to ensure that invoices have been paid.
- Providing updates on status of project procurement as requested.
- Maintaining up-to-date procurement files (paper and electronic backup), in accordance with project and PATH policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the project team to develop an annual procurement plan.
- Responsible for preparing procurement report on a monthly basis.
- Managing any other procurement-related tasks as needed.