PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide
PATH is the lead partner of the consortium that is implementing Program for the Advancement of Malaria Outcomes (PAMO). Funded by the United States President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), PAMO is a 5-year project that aims to control and prevent malaria morbidity and mortality, and thereby minimize the social effects and economic losses. It also contributes to the reduction of under-five all-cause mortality rate, as a result of reduced malaria mortality. This project which is working in 4 target provinces, namely Eastern, Muchinga, Northern and Luapula, will strengthen the Ministry of Health’s capacity to implement the National Malaria Elimination Strategic Plan (NMESP) at provincial, district, and community levels. The project which is now in its fourth year of implementation is building strong effective partnerships with communities, civil society, health facilities, provincial and district health offices (PHOs and DHOs), the private sector, and cooperating partners to scale-up and maintain internationally accepted strategies to fight malaria.
PATH is seeking a Procurement and Logistics Associate who will assist the project team in the preparation and execution of local procurement and logistics. The Procurement and Logistics Associate will report to the Finance and Operations Director and will be based in Lusaka Zambia.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Director in the preparation and execution of local procurement including venue bookings for meetings, workshops and trainings.
- Assist in getting quotations from suppliers and facilitate quotation analysis.
- Get appropriate review and approval before issuing purchase orders.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders and supporting documents to suppliers
- Review, update, and maintain purchase order records until they are closed
- Track deliveries and make sure the project receives exactly what was ordered from suppliers
- Maintain an updated Vendors Register at all times and manage inventory
- Enter all the goods received in the Inventory Register
- Assist technical specialists with specification development and sit on the Procurement Committee,as assigned.
- Maintain records of distribution lists all materials distributed in the project.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance records, log sheets and vehicle track system
- Maintain fuel reconciliation