PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently seeking a tech-savvy Buyer who will be responsible for purchasing a wide range of supplies, equipment, and services. Using PATH’s ERP, this role will issue purchase orders for lab supplies, office equipment, software, public events, catering, and printed materials. This job is based in Seattle and will work in the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position supports the Procurement Officers within the global team on procurement activities such as competitive procurement, vendor management, funder compliance, and specialized logistics. The ideal candidate has an aptitude for online systems and technology, enjoys mastering new programs and platforms, and is eager to learn procurement processes.
- Partner with program staff to determine appropriate procurement methods to fulfill the program needs for a wide variety of goods and services with a focus on lab supplies and equipment, printed materials, and conference/venue rentals.
- Daily engagement in creating, updating, and resolving issues relating to purchase orders using PATH’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Use and develop forms and reports in a variety of systems (Adobe, Smartsheet, Business World, Teams, and Excel).
- Primary buyer for lab supplies, equipment, and services including sensitive and regulated items.
- Proactively contribute to the Procurement team in developing and improving procedures for planning, facilitating, evaluating, and reviewing procurements by leveraging technology and implementing process improvements.
- Provide excellent customer service to PATH staff.
- Must be able to obtain IATA certification to ship Dangerous Goods by air within the first three (3) months of employment. PATH will determine the training course; cover the tuition expense; and provide the opportunity to complete the necessary hours for the certification.
- Develop job aids for staff on buying processes in the financial system and participate in system sustainment activities.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices.
- Support projects’ global shipping and logistics needs including planning, documentation, customs clearance and other shipping and logistical tasks for domestic and international procurements.
- Maintain and update Procurement’s SharePoint Team site.
- Manage document resources in Box, Smartsheet, and SharePoint sites.
- Provide general administrative support to team members.
- Provide input and contribute to improvements to PATH policies, procedures and compliance for issues relating to procurements and logistics.