The Procurement and Shipping Officer will support the Regional Procurement Specialist Logistics to carryout International Procurements and liaise with Suppliers or Freight Forwarders agents , in order to determine the most efficient mode of calling forward commodities, taking into consideration type of commodity, quantity, port conditions, weather conditions, freight market condition, etc.
The incumbent put 50% Level of Effort to Procurement task vs Shipment related matters.
Qualifications and experience
* Bachelor/ Masters in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or similar level qualification or experience
* Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent is preferable
* Minimum 2 years of experience in Procurement and international shipping
* Strong knowledge of general shipping practices and regulations, international import/export legislation, 2010 intercoms and customs regulations
* Strong understanding of logistics, commodity and supply chain management
* Computer literate (including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel) and competency in development of spreadsheets and databases
* Demonstrable experience in international sourcing and contract management, including an ability to review demands and trends, and to develop strategies to fill identified gaps.
* Experience streamlining and automating procurement processes, including refining processes, developing user-friendly manuals and training programs, and assessing, selecting, and deploying suitable procurement tools where applicable and necessary.
* Field level experience in managing complex supply chains for INGOs in international development and emergency programmes.
* Deep understanding and interpretation of Incoterms as well as their application
* Experience working with large institutional donors and knowledge of their rules and regulations in regards to logistics and procurement.
* Ability to synthesize and analyze information, and make clear, informed decisions
* Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
* Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
* Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
* Fluency in written and spoken English (required), Arab is a distinct advantage
* Commitment to Save the Children values
* Experience in developing and carrying out staff training programs
* Experience in remote management
* Experience in technical programme support in areas of construction, distribution, medical supply chain, water and sanitation
* Membership of professional body in logistics
* Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time.
Contract length: 6 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.