Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Country Director, the Procurement and Operations Officer will perform the following tasks:
· Lead all procurement actions for the Iraq field office in line with IFES’ and donors’ procurement policies, rules and regulations, and especially with the IFES’ Procurement Manual.
· In accordance with the applicable IFES’ policies, coordinate procurement actions with the IFES HQ program team, Contracts & Grants and the DC-based Iraq team, according to the Iraq field office needs.
· Monitor procurement policy changes and as needed provide oversight, guidance, and training to all IFES Iraq field employees to ensure that IFES’ rules, regulations and policies are understood and followed.
· Taking the lead on conducting market surveys and price analyses of commodities needed for program implementation.
· Coordinating procurement, including gathering relevant information from appropriate sources for goods and services to be procured; identifying potential vendors following the IFES’ procedures; preparing documents concerning competitive bids (for RFQ, selection, and requisition); performing due diligence checks on all contractors and vendors in compliance with donors’ and IFES’ regulations; and participating in evaluations and recommendations for local procurements.
· Prepare/review/ submit the required documents for procurement, including drafting RFP/RFQs, evaluation/selection packages, tracking performance/payments of existing contracts, etc.
· Monitor/track pending IFES’ grants/contracts/agreements obligations and coordinate timely responses.
· As required, perform occasional trips to Erbil and other cities in Iraq to provide support with program operations including assessment of office procedures, vendor visits, procurement market research, and other as needed.
· Provide administrative support to the Country Director, as requested.
· Other duties as assigned.
· University degree – ideally in operational management, business management, or similar.
· At least 5 years of proven experience in procurement. Previous experience working with international NGOs required.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with diverse groups, partners and nationalities.
· Strong level of proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
· Flexible, enthusiastic and ability to multi-task under pressure.
· Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.