An exciting opportunity to join the Southern Syria team on one of ASI’s largest projects. The project aims to enable people in opposition-controlled Syria to experience increasingly effective accountable and transparent services, which are delivered on a progressively formalized basis by civilian-led institutions; in increasingly resilient partnership with the communities. In order to do this, the program will work with both communities and formal/informal service providers to develop their capacity to design and deliver services which respond to the needs of the population. The program seeks to promote local ownership and leadership of the decision-making processes which guide the delivery of resources, including those supplied by the programme.
The Implementation Support Officer – Procurement and Finance will support the programme’s South Implementation Manager and the Finance and Procurement Manager, taking a lead role in procurement activities, processing and documentation of financial transactions, and documentation of border-crossing in terms of assets and beneficiaries.
- Provide support for tracking of expenditures and procurement activities, in coordination with the Finance and Procurement Manager and the Implementation Manager, updating the relevant trackers.
- Take a lead role in the procurement of equipment/services both in Jordan and Syria, including preparing, processing, and filing of procurement documents, according to programme procedures, as well as working with ASI Operations to develop contracts and process payments.
- Take a lead role in processing stipends and other payments, as well as filing all documentation according to programme procedures.
- Support documentation of activities using the programme Knowledge Management System (KMS), specifically updating the stipends, contacts and vetting modules within the KMS.
- Support the Finance and Procurement Manager in updating budget and procurement trackers, monthly forecasts, stipend memos, etc.
- Implement procurement activities, including outreach to vendors, preparation and processing of all required documents (including contracts) according to planned activities and in line with programme and ASI standards and procedures.
- Implement financial transactions and payments, under supervision of the Finance and Procurement Manager and in coordination with ASI operations team, according to planned activities and in line with programme and ASI standards and procedures.
- File all documentation of procurement activities and payments in appropriate programme South shared folders, according to programme and ASI standards.
- Document activities on the KMS, specifically using the stipends module to upload stipend distribution data and documents, contacts and vetting modules; uploading new contacts, submitting contacts for vetting, and update contacts status based on Jordanian vetting outcomes.
- Prepare lists of beneficiaries for Jordanian vetting and KMS upload purposes, carrying out the necessary checks and data verification, according to programme procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Minimum of three years of experience in finance and/or procurement tasks preferably within a humanitarian organization or similar environment
- Accountability and organizational skills
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Managing complexity
- Communication and knowledge management
- Taking initiative and responsibility
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Understanding of the socio-economic conditions in Syria and Jordan
- Aware of legal, insurance, and regulatory requirements for all the operational services similar to those provided by programme.
- Understanding value for money objectives
- Understanding project design and is able to meet and anticipate needs
- Requirements for effective communication and explanation of policies, approaches, and processes to others to ensure understanding and compliance
- Practical knowledge of business and finance and accounting principles
- Procurement processes, both in-country and globally
- Understanding of documentation standards for the purposes of integrity and transparency
- Excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills and ability to multi-task
- Advanced computer skills (particularly Excel)
- Fluency in Arabic and advanced English skills (speaking and writing)
- Relationship-building skills to connect with suppliers and other stakeholders, manage expectations, and effectively manage resources
- Demonstrable attention to detail and ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Pro-active, self-starter who is forward looking and works well with a wide range of different people with different agendas
- Honest, trustworthy, reliable, professional, and conscientious
- Emotionally stable, calm and positive under pressure
- Shows perseverance to complete all work
- Flexibility and willingness to focus on urgent short notice tasks, occasionally out of normal office hours