PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Fleming Fund Country Grant in Senegal aims to strengthen surveillance systems for Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and Antimicrobial use (AMU) in the areas of human health, animal health and, to some extent, in the areas of food control and the environment.
PATH is currently recruiting for the position of Finance & Procurement Associate based in Dakar, Senegal. The Fleming Fund Country Grant in Senegal aims to strengthen surveillance systems for AMR and AMU in the areas of human health, animal health and, to some extent, in the areas of food control and the environment.
- Support the processing of financial/business transactions and forms.
- Ensure that the team adheres to project budget.
- Support the Project Administrator to collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets (financial quarterly report).
- Report any troubling discoveries that can compromise the submission of an accurate quarterly report to the Project Administrator.
- Work with the Project Administrator to reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified.
- Support the Project Administrator to track outstanding expenses.
- Support the procurement of a wide range of goods, commodities, and services.
- Oversee project procurement and ensure compliance with PATH policies and donor guidelines.
- Administer the procurement function, including obtaining specifications from the technical team members, solicitation documents, managing evaluations, and overseeing vendor selection
- Manage vendor relationships and contacts.
- Provide input related to project procurement for financial and other reports.
- Maintain procurement files in accordance with PATH and donor policies and procedures.
- Work with the technical staff to develop a procurement plan.
- Manage the asset inventory and the consumable register according to the donor requirements.
- Monitor all purchase orders and follow up with vendors to obtain invoices.
- Coordinate with the accounting team to ensure that invoices have been paid.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and actual expenses.
- Monitor the funding situation and prepare the funding grid at the end of each month.
- Monitor the financial reports submitted by the sub grantees and reconcile any errors in a timely manner to ensure adequate quarterly financial reporting to the donor
- In coordination with the PADM review NGO/CBO audit report, visit report, etc. to assess any potential risks involved.
- Review budget advances and supporting documents for accuracy and alignment with PATH and donor policies and procedures.
- Review general ledger and balance monthly for accuracy.