Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Procurement and Contracts Unit (OAPC) within the Office of Administrative Services (OAS).
OAS manages building and facilities and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB’s operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director (PD) and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
OAPC is responsible for undertaking institutional procurement with the authority delegated to it by Principal Director, OAS. It is the focal point for ADB�s institutional procurement function including the development and maintenance of an electronic procurement system.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Procurement and Contracts Assistant will provide support in the administration of Non IT procurement, catalogues, deliveries, payment control, database maintenance, report consolidation for the Procurement and Contracts Administration Unit (OAPC). Monitor and coordinate administrative requirements with respect to the processing of procurement requests. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Provides operational and administrative support to facilitate efficient procurement administration by researching on items/supplies availability and reliable suppliers (qualified local and/or foreign suppliers);
- Responsible for creation and update of the Non-IT catalogs and webforms with tasks as follows:
- Negotiating with suppliers (e.g., terms and conditions, product quality, pricing);
- Liaising with requestors and suppliers on item specifications and other details/arrangements;
- Checking and verifying Environment, Safety and Health (ESH)/ISO related attributes; and
- Drafting/preparing and reviewing procurement and contract documents, and other supporting documents for conformity with stipulated Bank guidelines and requirements
- Coordinates with supervisor(s) in preparing and finalizing the status work and other reports (i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual).
- Provides support in monitoring all souring activities and incoming quotations from suppliers for various requirements.
- Performs procurement of goods and services, and other related tasks, as delegated.
- Assists in facilitating sourcing/bidding events as well as Requests for Information (RFIs) and all related correspondences to suppliers for their immediate response.
- Participates in the timely delivery of ordered items by monitoring deliveries/shipments and regularly sending follow-up correspondences to concerned parties.
- Participates in the timely and efficient payment of procured items by monitoring the payment process in conjunction with other Departments/Divisions for compliance with agreed terms and Bank procedures and practices.
- Files all documents and records and inputs data/transactions of Non-IT into the procurement system under the Coupa and Sharepoint environment.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent�s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering or other relevant course.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience, preferably in multinational, multilateral or International organizations
- Working knowledge of assigned area
- Proficient in spreadsheets, power point presentations and required information technologies
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff levels 4-5.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB�s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual�s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.