Chemonics is seeking a Procurement and Administrative Assistant for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine. The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The aim of PFRU is to strengthen the resilience of the Ukrainian government, economy, media and the Ukrainian civil society by delivering essential resilience project support to the relevant partners.
The Procurement and Administrative Assistant is a support position that will have the primary responsibility of assisting with all project’s administrative tasks and procurement functions and report directly to the Procurement and Logistics Manager. The Procurement and Administrative Assistant will work as part of the procurement and operations team.
- Supports the project’s procurement efforts, including technical procurements and procurements related to office administration by assisting with Procurement Actions Requests, quotation solicitation, and Purchase Orders
- Supports the Procurement team in additional with drafting project procurement documents including solicitations, negotiation memos, consents to subcontract, and waivers.
- Regularly updates and maintains the project trackers, procurement and inventory.
- Submits completed procurement packages and invoices for payment to finance team in coordination with Operations and Procurement Manager.
- Maintains clear and concise procurement files that document project compliance with FCDO rules and regulation, and Chemonics policies and procedures that affect the procurement process.
- Monitors subcontracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow-up as necessary to ensure compliance with terms and conditions. Provide regular status reports to applicable staff.
- Manages activities, deliverables and invoices of subcontractors ensuring that all are against approved work orders and that only completed and reconciled activities are invoiced.
- Monitors and track incoming delivery and collect incoming delivery documentation from vendors and donors. Coordinates as needed with logistics company and with the local import/export authorities to get project commodities in and out of the country.
- Travels as required to assist with logistics and distribution of commodities.
- Uploads all procurement documentation to project SharePoint and shared drive.
- Maintains any vendor tracker in coordination with the finance team.
- Perform other tasks as necessary as assigned by the Operations and Procurement Manager or his/her designee.
- Performs day-to-day administrative activities with regards to standard operating procedures, resources, tools and quality standards.
- Maintains all administrative files including travel clearances/itineraries, visa requests, consultant transport and lodging information, and all other non-accounting related documentation
- Supports in arranging hotel accommodations, car-hire, cellphone airtime and for project staff as needed.
- Manages the local insurance contracts (health, personal accident, and property.
- Maintains transport booking arrangement for project staff with Transport Service Agreement (TSA)
- Updates staff contact information and emergency contact information.
- Provides ad hoc administrative support as and when required by the Procurement and Logistics Manager and other senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equally relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in working in procurement of commodities and services for a FCDO or other donor-funded projects preferred, ideally with experience in Ukraine
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills.
- Totally self-reliant and disciplined to follow through on assigned duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management
- Demonstrated versatility, and integrity.
- Proven experience developing new organizational systems and tools required, with a strong command of Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with fellow staff members, visitors, and the public.
- Fluency in Ukrainian preferred, English is required.
Place of Assignment
This position will be based in Ukraine.
The Procurement and Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Procurement and Logistics Manager, or equivalent.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Procurement and Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to PFRU-Recruit@chemonics.com by April 14, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.