The World Bank Group (WBG)’s twin goals of ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity reflect a new global landscape: one in which developing countries have an unprecedented opportunity to end extreme poverty within a generation.
The Corporate Procurement Division (SPACP) is responsible for the acquisition of goods and services to support World Bank Group’s offices worldwide. SPACP has offices in Washington, DC and Chennai, India providing support to clients for all aspects of the acquisition process, including, competitive selection, contract negotiation, purchase order issuance, change order processing and contract administration.
The Market Research Analyst position is located in the SPA, Corporate Procurement Unit (SPACP) in Chennai, India. This position reports to a Team Leader based in Chennai who in turn reports to the Chief, Corporate Procurement.
General Description: SPACP is responsible for the acquisition of goods and services to support World Bank Group offices worldwide.
This position shall enable creation of a Research Infrastructure and perform research in the areas of procurement trends, market potential, market size, supplier search, supplier assessments to aid sourcing and category management decisions, gather and analyze data and prepare reports and recommendations to aid decision making.
This position provides selective research, analytical and statistical assistance in support of procurement work that aligns with the priorities of the Unit. This includes analysis of procurement spend, identification of and analysis of such matters as non-compliance, sole/single source tracking, spend by material groups, vendor analyses and performance tracking, the preparation of reports to aid management of procurement actions and Unit performance. The position requires specialized analytical skills and comparable work experience, in predictive data analysis and insights, data warehouse and market research, and shall demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Due to the requirements of the job, this position may involve some travel.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
• Provide information and analysis to managers and staff of SPACP with respect to compliance with/adherence to Corporate Procurement services standards, policies and procedures.
• Conduct Market Research and support business units with relevant information
• Undertake analysis and prepares reports involving quantification and evaluation for all aspects of the procurement program.
• Interpret data, make recommendations and presentations on procurement spend, QA activities and compliance programs.
• Create and maintain reports to support the procurement work program.
• Work independently seeking guidance and instruction on new, unusual or complex assignments.
• Work implies frequent interaction with Officers, Project Task Managers, Business Unit Managers, Contracts Officers, etc.
• Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 5 years
• Conceptual, analytical and evaluation skills.
• Experience in usage of Market Research Tools, Information Portals and Research House Sites.
• Experience in supply chain market research/market intelligence,
• A passion for collection and application of supply chain data and analytics to real world business decisions.
• Ability to create and refine ideas or solutions to problems, communicate these solutions and benefits to team members, and keep various supply chain projects on track.
• Excellent visualization, presentation and communication skills in a fast-paced supply chain environment
• Demonstrated ability to apply software programs for analysis and database management.
• Understanding of the critical linkages and relationships between resource management processes, business operations and objectives.
• Ability to gather data from primary and secondary sources and conduct multi-level research
• Knowledge of international procurement practices highly desirable.
• Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
• Strong leadership and communication skills with ability to prepare, present, and discuss findings in written and oral form.
• Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.