Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Procurement Agent Manager and Procurement Specialists for an anticipated Procurement Agent Services contract in Mongolia supporting the Millennium Challenge Compact (MCC) for the Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) assistance to increase economic growth by investing in projects to strengthen the macroeconomic environment, improve rule of law, strengthen environmental protections, and increase access to water and sanitation. All positions subject to successful project award.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity, delivering practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security, health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
Procurement Agent Manager
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serve as chief liaison with MCA-Mongolia and other stakeholders regarding activities to be undertaken under the assignment;
- Coordinate activities and information/ feedback with MCA-Mongolia to diligently oversee, discharge and perform all services necessary to achieve the optimum value for the monies expended by MCA-Mongolia while ensuring that all procurement transactions are conducted in compliance with the principles, rules and procedures set out as in the funding agreements;
- Coordinate general day-to-day activities of the Procurement Agent Team;
- Monitor and oversee the procurement activities undertaken by the Procurement Agent Team; and
- Utilize management information system, for procurement related functions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with education and/or training in procurement, business administration, economics, finance, public administration, or other related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing procurement related projects for MCC, USAID, and/or World Bank;
- Professional procurement and logistics qualifications or specialized training in at least one or more of the following areas: macroeconomics, rule of law, environmental protection, and water and sanitation;
- Significant experience working as procurement professional (approximately 15 years or more);
- Extensive knowledge of international best practices in procurement procedures especially for goods, works, and services; experience working within FIDIC guidelines desired;
- Demonstrated experience in contracts and project administration;
- Proven leadership qualities and experience as Project Manager/Procurement Agent; experience in managing a team of procurement professionals;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience in working with high level government officials and business executives
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Experience working on donor funded projects in developing countries, especially in Central Asia is an added advantage;
- Computer literacy required – Excel, Word, and procurement packages; and
- Other duties as assigned by Home Office Project Director.
Procurement Specialists- Senior level
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and administer effectively the process for supplier selections, contractors, and consultants for a wide variety of goods, works and services as requested by MCA-Mongolia;
- Analyze market conditions through market analysis and market outreach to promote competition and to optimize the success of the procurement activity;
- Ensure adequate preparation of procurement documents that are complete, clear, and unambiguous;
- Assure that the selection of all suppliers, contractors and consultants is performed in a fully professional, transparent, and ethical manner, and that all participating suppliers, contractors and consultants are treated on a fair and equal basis;
- Assist MCA-Mongolia in providing prompt and fair response to bid challenges about the procurement activity; and
- Assume other operational, and functional duties as determined by the Procurement Agent Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum of 8 years of significant procurement experience;
- Procurement and logistics experience in at least one or more of the following areas: macroeconomics, rule of law, environmental protection, and water and sanitation;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in in writing;
- Computer literacy required; and
- Experience working on donor funded projects in developing countries especially in Central Asia would be an added advantage.
Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.