PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is recruiting a Private sector specialist who will be based at the RTI office.
In accordance with established policies and procedures, the position holder will be responsible for providing technical assistance to regional and district teams for designing and executing the overall private sector strategy for the project.
Develop strategic alliances with the Ministry of Health, health committees and technical groups, along with international partners, donors, foundations working to advance health systems strengthening and private sector.
Support the Ministry of Health in assessing, reviewing, and updating relevant strategies, regulations policies, and guidelines related to the private sector;
Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health, and other relevant agencies in rolling out interventions such as piloting public-private partnerships, linking private provider networks, improving private sector regulation, and standardization of quality standards;
In supporting learning activities, the position holder will plan with regional and district teams, organize field operations for all evaluation and documentation activities.
The position holder will report directly to the IDH Technical Director
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide expertise on private sector development relevant for the project;
- Promote and contribute to improve health sector coordination;
- Build strong and effective working relationships with the Ministry of Health, and other Development Partners working in private sector, health systems strengthening, and related sectors by convening relevant stakeholders at various forums, conferences, and working groups;
- Manage and coordinate implementation learning related to private sector.
- Monitor and report on private sector policy environment that impacts on health policy with a focus on health systems strengthening and quality improvement, including key discussions, innovations, reports, and policy papers.
- Extension of the integration of private data in all districts where the project is established.
- Organize private providers around each health district into a task force to ensure their involvement and effective participation in developing PTAs and monitoring their implementation.
- Increase collaboration between the private sector and mutual health organizations.
- Promote collaboration between government, civil society and the private sector for greater government responsiveness and maximize the use of resources.
- Create favorable conditions for the development of the private sector to intervene at the local level.
- Advocate for the involvement of private companies in the financing of mutual health organizations.
- Promote private partnerships for access to specialized services / products.
- Improving the quality of care in the private sector.
- Take responsibility for project implementation and/or team deliverables.
- Collaborate with ASPS to support private clinics to adhere to protocols, standards and guidelines and support the strengthening of links with existing Ministry of Health platforms and tools;
- Strengthen public-private partnership (PPP);
- Support the link of pharmacies, depots and private establishments in relation to neighboring public health structures and encourage the use of mobile technology for real-time links;
- Catalyze multisectoral and intersectoral (public-private) links that promote systems-wide approaches to strengthen the centrality of health in the socio-economic agenda;
- Strengthen more effective private sector commitment to quality;
- National IDH Project Coordinator / RTI
- PATH IDH Project Coordinator
- Financial Services
- Technical Services
- Medical regions
- Health districts
- Private Sector Health Alliance
- Local authorities
- Other USAID projects at the regional and district levels
- Other TFPs at the regional and district levels