The Principal (IT Outsourcing), PODD Corporate contributes to the development of the Bank’s IT outsourcing procurement activities and the delivery of advice / procurement delivery on technology contracts including technology system builds, software licensing, hosting deals and technology outsourcing transactions.
PODD provides the Bank’s staff with services in all areas of the Bank, HQ and ROs related to procurement for the daily operation of the Bank as well as the consultancy services required to provide critical expertise in delivering the Bank’s mandate. PODD is required to ensure the continuing optimal efficiency, cost effectiveness and timely completion of procurement processes to support the Bank in the most efficient use of available funding and high quality delivery of its mandate. Protecting the Bank’s reputation as counterparty, PODD must deliver while meeting the requirements of transparency, fairness and accountability in the entire procurement and contract implementation processes. PODD adds value through (i) appropriate, timely and effective procurement and through active contract / supplier management and an ongoing assessment of value for money, (ii) working closely with internal clients to deliver a continuous improvement approach to procurement and supplier management activities, and maintain up-to-date market knowledge in order to respond to both new requirements and to identify opportunities for enhanced value for money. PODD works with PPAD to ensure a common approach is taken by the Bank to procurement undertaken by the Bank’s clients and for the Bank’s own requirements.
This role will be offered as a 24 month Fixed Term Contract.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The role is responsible for:
- Contributing to the development of and delivery of the Bank’s IT outsourcing procurement strategy (providing advice to the Associate Director, PODD Corporate); Evaluating insource / outsource solutions for IT services, including renegotiation and / or competitive award of outsourced contracts;
- Designing improvements in procurement capability through the introduction of leading practice IT procurement techniques, technology and processes;
- Supporting PODD’s IT stakeholders to implement improvements across the end to end source to pay process including business partnering, benefits realisation, procurement analytics, category management, sourcing, contract and supplier management;
- Producing and delivering structured training courses on IT specific procurement techniques (specifically IT Outsourcing) to upskill the existing procurement and relevant IT Department team members;
- Contribute to the enhancement of tools, frameworks templates, contract terms and other artefacts;
- Working on the ‘deal life cycle’ for large and complex IT contracts including pre-contract sourcing, deal shaping, and the development of new contract management regimes;
- Delivering commercial management of IT contracts and providing supply chain and supplier risk management advice;
- Delivering contract compliance audits and value assurance solutions;
- Identification of savings / value creation opportunities using a range of demand and supply side levers;
- Delivering savings / value creation initiatives through strategic sourcing, contract improvement, outsourcing, supplier management, demand management, cash process improvement, contract audits and other approaches;
- Representing the Bank in key external professional fora, as required, using the knowledge gained to inform further enhancements or development of the Bank’s PODD Policy, Procedures and / or strategies.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply qualified or equivalent.
- Proven capability in advising on the procurement and on-going management of a wide range of IT, including IT outsourcing contracts.
- Experience of advising in the financial services sector and / or in relation to data centre operators an advantage.
- A good grounding in commercial law, connected laws and regulations.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and attention to detail and be able to communicate effectively at different levels of seniority.
- Experienced manager of complex procurement projects and the development procurement strategies.
- Sound background in the development and implementation of effective procurement processes in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Experience of and expertise in the development of market and expenditure analyses, making recommendations to management and implementing associated projects; and
- Experience of proactive engagement in on-going change management programmes.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent and proven internal and external stakeholder engagement skills;
- Good knowledge of contract law;
- Excellent skills in organising, scheduling, planning and co-ordinating work with a high degree of initiative and judgement, reliability, resourcefulness and flexibility to perform a variety of tasks and set priorities;
- Numeric and Concern for Accuracy – proven numeric ability with the capacity to ensure a high degree of accuracy and quality in work delivered is essential;
- Results Orientation – self-motivated individual able to set goals and priorities with a good sense of time management and the ability to re-organise workload when faced with changing priorities;
- Communication Skills – ability to communicate confidently and assertively at all levels, both in written and verbal formats. Proven report writing and drafting skills as well as a pleasant and efficient telephone manner;
- Interpersonal Skills – able to understand, respect and respond appropriately using tact, patience and diplomacy to other people’s behaviour, concerns and motives. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with discretion;
- Team Player – committed to supporting the achievements of the Unit’s mission and objectives and the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals. The ability to build effective, cooperative relationships with immediate team members to foster an efficient and cheerful approach;
- Autonomy– experience of working independently and scheduling own work
- Taking initiatives without waiting to be told.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.