The purpose of the job is as follows:
1. The job holder will be responsible for overall coordination of the work programme of the private sector development department (PISD) and will also be responsible for delivering some technical advisory services.
2. The incumbent will also help in coordinating the Director’s front office as well private sector related work handled by the Sector departments and the Directorate Generals.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director Private Sector Development, the Principal Programme Coordinator will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Supervise and guide the implementation of the department work programme, ensure quality delivery, strategic alignment and resource optimization;
2. Report to the Director on work programme progress and identify critical areas that deserve specific support and provide recommendations as appropriate;
3. Liaising with the two directorate’s divisions, Sector departments, and the Directorate Generals, and other key stakeholder to ensure coherence and complementarity across activities;
4. Assist in policy discussions with Regional Member Countries(RMCs) officials and in raising external funding from Bank’s partners;
5. Work on existing initiatives as well as in the establishment of new initiatives with outside parties;
6. Ensure follow up/Draft Director’s briefing materials i.e. talking points, speeches, media program etc;
7. Build relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials;
8. Serve as the Secretary to the Department Management Team (DMT).
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management or other relevant fields;
2. Generally more than 6 years of relevant professional experience in finance and administration within the Bank or another first class institution.
3. Having private sector experience will be an added advantage
4. Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, and demonstrated capacity to work with a wide range of stakeholders (financial institutions, businesses, international organizations, etc.)
5. Ability to collaborate and to successfully communicate with different stakeholders
6. Excellent organizational, analytical, coordination and communication skills.
7. Attention to detail, respect for deadlines and the ability to work under pressure.
8. Familiarity with private sector project finance;
9. Understanding and interest in finance and economic concepts with a good Knowledge of international economic development issues;
10. Ability to summarize strategic documents and highlight main ideas.
11. Strong drafting ability.
12. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
13. Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG