The position will sit in the Business Relationships and IT Strategy division (OIRS) of the Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST) with the objective to lead the innovation of products and services in line with business strategies.
To work across a range of business areas, engaging with numerous stakeholders and business leaders in a thought leadership capacity, driving innovation ideas through all stages from ideation and conceptualization, prototyping, architecting and promoting the business case. Continuously capture measure impact and value to the business throughout design and development and post production.
To consider all possible solutions that fit the bank’s technology architecture, ensure optimization of business processes and monitor progress on approved projects to ensure the requirements are met.
To lead the development of strategic IT initiatives, through proven literacy of enterprise-wide and digital-focused delivery. To translate these strategies into specific projects and processes changes and then analyze the organization and budget impacts of these strategies, in close collaboration and consensus with stakeholders and other divisions in the Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST).
Leadership and Demand Management
- Oversees intake of projects and enhancement requests, considering impact on and fit with ADB’s technology architecture and strategies, among others.
Interfaces with ADB leadership to understand organization-wide business strategies and operational needs.
Has on-going oversight and leads the annual planning and prioritization process for IT projects.
Sets-out the approach and plan to drive stronger synergies of the technology platform, drive adoption and support the value creation through initiatives.
Communicates effectively with all levels of the business concerned with ongoing innovation opportunities to ensure buy-in
Delivers status updates to relevant stakeholders and business areas
Assesses and forecasts market conditions to ensure innovation opportunities are proactively realized within ADB’s current and future systems/products.
Oversees the enterprise technology architecture and investigates and promotes new technologies that guarantees the ability to be advantageous to ADB’s business and operations.
Manages the identification and assessment of emerging technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within ADB which could significantly impact ADB’s performance.
Challenges the existing shape or approach of IT delivery, where it is necessary, including skills, structure and spending priorities.
Facilitate the modernization and up-to date enterprise architecture and its governance in close collaboration with all OIST divisions
Develops business and benefit cases for innovation opportunities
Contributes to roll-out strategies for completed innovations
Maintains external links to other companies in the industry to gain competitive assessments and share information, where appropriate.
Strategy and Planning
- In collaboration with the Director of OIRS, stakeholders, other OIST division and partners, develops mid and long term digital strategies and IT investment plans in support of the organizational objectives and requirements
Actively communicates the IT strategy, its rationale and justification, within the department, across ADB and with the stakeholders.
Delivers cost-appropriate solutions through appropriate technology choices and innovative delivery approaches, and ensures there is clear accountability for projects and that planned benefits are agreed to and measured.
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
Manages and plans experience around team capacity to meet current and future technology demand.
Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Provides supervision to others in completing their technical tasks
- Called upon for advice and guidance based on expertise gained by working in different countries and organizations
- Contributes advanced knowledge and expertise to different parts of the Department
- Proposes effective services and solutions to staff beyond presenting issues and past challenges
- Assists colleagues adapt to the cultural and business norms of diverse clients and country situations
- Gains respect for the breadth and depth of expertise demonstrated in effectively managing diverse clients and country situations
- Called upon to resolve client situations that may impact their long-term ADB relationship
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Resolves situations where client needs are not being met.
- Shares past experiences from different projects, organizations, and countries to help achieve quality results
- Ensures that thorough analysis includes current and relevant factors from different countries and contexts
- Sought out for guidance and experience in overcoming the most challenging situations
- Draws on long-term relationships with stakeholders to help plan for and achieve results
- Addresses team members not contributing to required standards
- Commits to delivering timely and high quality work to assist in the team’s success
- Develops and maintains good internal and external peer and senior level relationships
- Helps teams understand common features to build rapport and overcome challenges
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Provides stakeholders with the level and quality of information required to achieve outcomes
- Encourages others to seek long-term solutions to address feedback opposed to focusing on immediate concerns or reactions
- Uses breath of multi-country and multi-client knowledge to equip clients and staff for more effective outcomes
- Designs and implements project and program knowledge and services
Innovation and Change
- Consistently seeks more effective and practical ways for the Departmental delivery of services, products, and processes
- Proposes new ways to improve the quality and relevance of products and services
- Includes the core benefits and reasons for change when developing comprehensive change roll out plans
- Influences and persuades decision makers by presenting business cases supporting the proposed changes
Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Information Technology, Business Administration, Management, Organization Development, Economics, Engineering, or related fields; or University degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Management, Organization Development, Economics, Engineering, or related fields combined with at least 5 years of specialized experience in similar organizations may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree
Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
With at least 12 years of related professional experience, including managing IT Solutions, enterprise architecture and IT or digital strategies in large organizations.
Sound knowledge of relationship management, enterprise architecture, project planning techniques as well as demonstrable experience of budget and resource allocation responsibility.
Proven ability to develop digital and IT strategic plans that align with an organization’s business strategy, plans, and operations.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience with participating in technology implementation projects.
Experience with providing solutions for existing and new processes.
Preferably with knowledge at the expert level of the processes in ADB.
International experience working in several countries.
Supervisor: Director, Business Relationships and IT Strategy Division
The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent, as appropriate:
- Administrative Staff
- National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive and respectful work environment. Women are especially encouraged to apply.