We are looking for talented Principal Ecologists to join our National team, as we start the next exciting phase of our growth, becoming part of the 20,000-strong global Tetra Tech family.
We want people who can play an integral part of the team, supporting the existing ecology team with our project delivery of our diverse portfolio of clients. The key features for these roles are; a demonstrable area(s) of technical expertise, project management experience (from enquiry to completion), the confidence to act as a direct client contact and an eye for quality.
You will have experience of projects across a diversity of sectors, and be able to liaise directly with stakeholders and other technical disciplines to achieve the best outcome to meet the needs of our clients and their projects. A relevant degree, full driving licence, membership of (or eligibility to join) CIEEM and a legal entitlement to work in the UK are essential for this role.
Candidates keen to mentor junior staff are highly desirable, as well those who are proactive at collaborating, have good financial awareness and able efficiently review technical reports.
We are particularly interested in ecologists located in the South-east, Scotland and Ireland (both NI and Eire) and those with EcIA, HRA, biodiversity net gain and European Protected Species expertise.
We understand how ecologists think and work and have introduced tailored measures to allow the team to fulfil their potential:
- With 60 permanent ecologists across 12 offices, we work hard to operate as one cohesive team to minimise time away from home, maximise bespoke training and support from our in-house experts regardless of location, and to allow the best people to work on the projects that interest them and deliver them to the highest standards.
- All our teams are successfully working remotely and flexibly at present, and our IT systems enable us to work seamlessly, so your proximity to one of our offices is not a barrier to joining us – we want to focus on your talents & skills, not your postcode.
- Given that all grades of ecologist complete site visits and meetings, we provide cars or car allowances to every member of the team, including for personal use.
- We encourage the development of well-rounded ecologists who can talk about all stages of a project rather than just a niche area.
- Our bat handling licence incentivisation scheme thanks those ecologists who spend time and effort in achieving their licence – we know it’s not easy! And to show our support of personal development, we award a significant financial bonus to anyone achieving Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist status through CIEEM.
- We also have an established TOIL system which allows ecologists to manage their time to suit their specific personal needs, alongside the seasonal demands of the role.
- We work closely with many other teams, including our own Planners, Archaeologists, Landscape Architects, Masterplanners and Engineers. With a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
If the timing’s not quite right for you, do still to get in touch as we will always consider bespoke working arrangements or deferred start dates to secure the best people.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients and staff, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.