Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Associate Director, Cloud DevSecOps, the Principal, DevOps Practice Lead will join the Cloud DevSecOps team to oversee the implementation and operation of DevOps for EBRD. This role is responsible for creating software deployment strategies that are essential for the successful deployment of software systems at EBRD.
This is a senior ‘doing’ role and due to the broad scope and multiple interdependencies of this initiative, the successful candidate will need to:
• Take responsibility for establishing and running an industry leading Enterprise DevOps Practice.
• Define and implement EBRD DevOps strategy and standards and govern against these.
• Work with the Principal, Cloud Security to create a Cloud DevSecOps Practice which is capable of delivering and operating all DevOps services irrespective of platform selected.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• For designing, building, and optimising automation systems for the Bank; for Cloud or On-Premise systems.
• Designing and creating software deployment strategies that are essential for the successful deployment of the Banks Systems.
• Management and leadership of DevOps functions, ensuring delivery and run teams are equipped with the right resources, tools and skills to deliver the Banks systems in an automated and repeatable way.
• Provide direction to the delivery teams on DevOps best practice, processes and procedures as well as automation to enable continual service improvement and self service delivery capabilities.
• Drive and support key technology decisions in relation to DevOps Process and Technology in support of the existing and new product roadmaps.
• Working closely with the A&I Software Delivery teams to ensure guardrails are well defined and are being followed.
• Establish and maintain the overall vision for the delivery pipeline; ensuring applicability for teams’ project delivery processes.
• Establish and maintain a catalogue of reusable, scalable and secure patterns and processes to be used and followed by squads and scrums.
• Lead the CI/CD pipeline design in conjunction with solution architecture team(s)
• Evaluation and recommendation of pipeline and dependent tooling in conjunction with EBRD IT Architecture and IT Infrastructure and Operations.
• Establishing measurable success and KPIs dashboards across the DevOps cycle
• Define an Enterprise DevOps Operating model, taking in to account a hybrid Squad model reliant on specific 3rd party commodity services
• Define and publish all DevOps standards and govern delivery against these standards.
• Consult with solution design and implementation to ensure end-to-end operability of solutions being delivered
• Enabling IT for IT; Recommending end to end process and tooling to support the Squads and Scrums efficiently.
• Ongoing operational improvements and requirements gathering with EBRD DevOps
• DevOps Resource manager – providing expert resource to the delivery teams as and when required.
• Promote a DevOps culture across EBRD IT
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
• Able to demonstrate and evidence over 15 years of experience of delivering and supporting IT Platforms
• Extensive experience of removing manual activities and waste via the use of automation
• Proven experience in establishing DevOps practices
• Good understanding with all aspects of the Agile SDLC and the implications on services within an ITIL framework.
• Experience of delivering software automation on an on-premise or cloud environment.
• Experience in working with enterprise scale applications, API Gateways, high availability architectures, load balancing & disaster recovery
• Experience of setting up CI/CD pipelines including production deployments
• Knowledge of modern infrastructure practices
• Knowledge of CI/CD, Jenkins Management, OS System Administration, logging and monitoring, secure by design development, Infrastructure services.
• Knowledge of package/dependency management systems and software code and configuration management solutions.
• Experience of containers and container orchestration tools
• Good understanding of tooling required to support end to end delivery lifecycle
• Have sound knowledge of relevant Operations services, Agile principles and ITIL
• Lead diverse teams through being flexible and open in thought and action
• Highly effective communicator and able to do so with transparency and honesty, engaging both stakeholders and your direct and matrix team members.
• Passionate about diversity and developing people inclusively, strengthening their ability to deliver and enable them to grow in their roles and careers
• Educated to degree level or equivalent, with qualification in an IT, engineering or scientific discipline