Purpose of Technical Services
To fulfil DAI’s development and business objectives, we must win new business, deliver effective technical assistance (TA) to our clients and beneficiaries, efficiently manage our portfolio of projects, and build our capacity to meet evolving development and business challenges.
Main purpose of role:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide Technical Leadership for business development efforts (win), building client relationships through effective delivery and networking, and to define approaches and TA assignments (deliver) on our portfolio of projects in co-ordination with the Programme Management Unit (PMU).
Work towards achieving set objectives to effectively win and deliver on our portfolio, build our network and foster team capacity to establish and maintain DAI as a leader in delivery of I.E.G programmes (build).
- Network with clients, partners and external consultant to enhance client awareness of DAI services and capabilities.
- Cultivate client relationships and support early positioning for upcoming bids (in conjunction with BDU and PMU) and representing DAI’s experience and capabilities.
- Lead allocated priority bids, ensuring technical assistance and feasibility of proposed approaches and teams, including writing technical sections and/or provides input for client proposals.
- Support quality assurance directly serving as a resource to each long-term I.E.G project in DAI Europe’s portfolio.
- Provide Technical Support for project delivery and ensure Technical involvement in Quarterly Project Reviews (QPR’s), in conjunction with PMU as directed by the Director – Technical Services.
- Provide support to team leaders, PMU and Business Development efforts, serving as an in-house technical specialist and resource in respective area.
- Lead 3-4 key projects serving as Principal Consultant/Advisor
- Support projects to meet or surpass agreed development results.
- Coach and mentor the I.E.G team on key technical and management topics and work to develop the teams corresponding technical skills to support clients who require technical assistance.
- Support clients who require technical assistance.
- Recruit high quality technical staff for effective project implementation and business development by cultivating networks of partner firms and consultants.
- Co-ordinate with broader DAI I.E.G practice (USG/Global) on priority areas for thought leadership. [Thought leadership can be defined as sharing insights and ideas on a topic of importance to current and potential clients in ways than can be applied to DAI’s portfolio and to development work more broadly]
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Post Graduate Degree in relevant field (i.e International Development, Economics, Public Administration)
- Overseas working experience in a development environment alongside experience working with major European and International Donors.
- Commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management
- Solid understanding of proposal development, project management systems and standards and best practice in respective technical area.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Track record in managing teams to deliver goals and achieve targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Driven and motivated combined with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to deliver against programme and business targets thus achieving the goals of DAI Europe.
- Flexibility, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Driven and motivated to establish and deliver against programme and business targets.
- Additional language skills would be advantageous but not essential
Travel: Travel will be required to any of DAI’s operating locations.
Competitive salary, commensurate with relevant experience. Generous benefits package includes company pension scheme, private health scheme, life assurance, income protection, company bonus scheme and contribution to gym membership.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the EEA.
If this sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business we look forward to hearing from you. Closing date for applications is Monday 31st October 2016. Interviews will be held progressively.