DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise.
Our portfolio of 200 projects in 100 countries crosses multiple disciplines. Our clients include the UK Department for International Development, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, USAID, the European Commission, EBRD, the World Bank, other donors and international lending institutions, and private corporations and philanthropies.
Responding to the needs of our growing business we are recruiting a Principal Consultant and Co-Lead for our Governance Team. The role will involve working closely with colleagues to provide strategic and technical leadership on developing new business opportunities, ensuring quality programme delivery, and building knowledge and networks with donors and partners. You will also work closely with colleagues to oversee and manage effectively the portfolio of governance programmes across multiple donors and geographies, supporting disparate and remote teams.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field e.g. International Development, Political Science, Economics, Public Administration, Law, Gender, or similar
- Track record in managing teams to deliver goals and achieve targets.
- Substantial, evidenced experience in international development and project management, including client and performance management.
- Substantial, evidenced overseas working experience in a development environment alongside experience working with major European and International Donors.
- Substantial experience of providing technical advice or oversight to projects and clients in governance related areas.
- Solid understanding of proposal development, project management systems and standards and best practice.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated, substantial experience of working across a variety of cultures.
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to gender equality and social inclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages are an asset).
- Overseas working experience in a development environment preferred
S/he will also be:
- Commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management
- Driven and motivated combined with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to deliver against programme and business targets thus achieving the goals of DAI Europe.
- Flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel internationally, including to insecure environments.
Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is 9th June and interviews will be held progressively from mid June. More detailed company information is available at http://www.dai.com
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing programmes around the world, please apply via the link below.