- Cost proposal and pricing management:
- Review and understand solicitation cost requirements. Identify contractual and pricing related clarification questions for the client.
- Lead cost response and pricing efforts for proposals with values ranging from a few hundred thousand US dollars to $50M+.
- Build new and manipulate existing budget spreadsheet templates for a wide range of contracting mechanisms ensuring compliance, consistency, and accuracy of budget data.
- Write the cost narrative document and arrange cost items as per the budget sequence.
- Collect pricing data from international locations and provide sound and reliable market price analysis; offer price data ranges/options and model budgets accordingly.
- Ensure that established corporate profit margins are maintained on cost proposals.
- Prepare client consent memos and waiver requests for personnel, allowances, grantees, subcontractors, etc.
- Process all due diligence for confirmation of inputs including appropriate cost support documentation for subcontractors and consultants as applicable.
- Compile a complete cost volume including client-specific coversheet, certs and reps, budget, cost narrative, subcontracting plan, relevant consent documents, and others as required by the RFP.
- Leadership and Strategy
- Advise and guide the proposal team on how to be profitable, how to make the bid competitive from a cost perspective, etc.
- Make recommendations on pricing strategy and provide feedback leading to the determination of optimal price points for bids; conducts price-to-win analysis; ensure cost proposals meet profitability targets.
- Provide input on cost implications of teaming, subcontracting, staffing and procurement decisions during proposal response.
- Advise on the best and preferred contractual mechanisms with subcontractors based on sub’s capacity and SI’s profitability prospects.
- Organize, schedule, and lead Green Team meeting(s) and any other cost meetings.
- Supervise, train, mentor, and build the capacity of a pricing assistant.
- Collaboration and communication
- Serve as the main point of contact for proposal cost matters.
- Work closely with BD Recruiters and make recommendations on rate negotiations with proposed personnel.
- In collaboration with the VP Finance, Technical Lead, and Proposal Manager, negotiate with potential partners and subcontractors to ensure compliance, value, and timely delivery of partners’ budgets and cost narratives.
- Actively participate in all proposal team reviews and leads cost proposal team meetings.
- Available to travel on capture trips when required.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of pricing experience (candidates with 7+ years of pricing experience may be considered for the Senior Pricing Manager role).
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience leading cost proposal development.
- USG client experience.
- Knowledge of USG client regulations FAR, AIDAR, ADS, DSSR, and CFR.
- Knowledge of indirect rate application.
- Experience working on CPFF, T&M and FP proposal types (as a prime and subcontractor).
- Experience working on Multiple Award Schedule (GSA), IDIQ, and TOs under an IDIQ.
- Advanced proficiency in MS excel and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work late hours and on weekends should the proposal timeline require so.
- Exceptional attention to details and exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional multitasking and time management skills; ability to work on multiple proposals concurrently without missing any internal and external deadlines.
- Experience at a mid- to large-size for-profit international development organization.
- Experience responding to RFPs issued by private, UN, and foreign government clients.
- Experience in contracts and/or operations management.
- International field experience.
- Proficiency in another language(s).
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls