This is a full-time fixed term contract for a period of 12 months. The primary function of this role is to provide cross-cutting advisory support to BDU, PMU and Finance departments and to prepare budgets and commercial proposals for service contracts.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Analyse market dynamics, pricing trends, donor requirements and ensure that current tools and procedures for pricing of service contracts are responsive to Client and business needs;
- Devise pricing strategies and prepare budgets for service contracts, ensuring that operating and sales margins support company business targets, deliver competitive pricing and offer appropriate value for money to Clients;
- Prepare financial methodology section of commercial proposals in accordance to selected technical approach, and assist technical teams at defining and quantifying value for money propositions in serving offerings;
- Independently develop, maintain and optimise tools and models for preparation of budgets and commercial proposals;
- Assist proposal team at engaging and negotiating with partners, with final Partnership Agreements being reviewed by Proposal Director and/or Commercial Director;
- Support Project Finance and Project Management teams when a project is won by leading handover process, and by providing short-term start-up assistance and ongoing advisory support on project budgets, forecasting, and fiduciary risk management;
- Deliver cross-cutting advisory support to BDU, PMU and Finance departments as required, including assisting the establishment of value for money reporting procedures;
- Lead training on pricing procedures (i.e. for new starters and ad hoc in-house training);
- Participate in cross-sector process improvement and strategic planning sessions;
- Prepare management reports for business development team and pro-actively monitor and analyse performance to generate internal lesson-learning opportunities;
- Attend Early Market Engagement (EMEs) meetings to represent DAI’s commercial interests, where required;
- Any other duties requested by the Commercial Director.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Advanced skills in developing and maintaining spreadsheet tools;
- Part-qualified Accountant or above (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent);
- Experience of business analysis and budget preparation;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience of developing budgets for government or international donor contracts;
- Understanding of financial requirements for contracts with the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the European Commission or similar organisations
- Understanding the approach to value-for-money of the UK National Audit Office and the Independent Commission for Aid Impact;
- French or Spanish language skills
The salary offered for the Pricing Analyst role will be commensurate with relevant experience. The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues in the DAI Europe offices in Apsley, Hertfordshire. DAI offers a generous benefits package including, after a qualifying period, company pension scheme, private health scheme, life assurance, income protection, gym membership and cycle to work schemes.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is 9th July 2020 and interviews will be held in progressively.