OverviewAsian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance. ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.The position is assigned in the Operations Management Unit within the Operations Services and Financial Management Department. The Unit provides Management with independent information and advice on ADB’s portfolio performance, through periodic reports and ad hoc portfolio studies. It also (i) supports other ADB departments with portfolio information, in response to ad hoc requests; (ii) serves as focal point of the project administration unit heads and project performance management system networks, to discuss issues, identify and disseminate good portfolio and project management practices; (iii) coordinates and leads revisions of related Project Administration Instructions; and (iv) serves as focal point for project performance reporting systems, including training and help-desk support to user departments on content related issues in data migration, entry and use.To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Portfolio Management Officer provides operational and technical support to the following key results areas of the Unit: (i) analysis of the sovereign portfolio including the preparation of the Annual Portfolio Performance Report (APPR) and Operations Review Meetings (ORM); (ii) coordination with Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST) to support development, enhancements, and implementation of the department’s IT and data management systems; and (iii) provide guidance on project implementation, procurement, and portfolio management systems to align with business processes, user-acceptance testing, and ongoing user support. The incumbent will report to the Principal Portfolio Management Specialist and will supervise national and administrative staff under the Unit.
- Prepares inputs to key portfolio management reports to the Board and Management including portfolio management indicators by country, region, and sector, materials for the Operations Review Meetings, and country portfolio review.
- Provides quality assurance support to the preparation of the Quarterly Portfolio Update, Quarterly Status of Project Completion Report (PCR) and TA Completion Report (TCR), PCR and TCR Program, TAs Active 90 Days After Completion, Portfolio Management Indicators.
- Supports the focal point for validated data/information on ADB-wide sovereign operations including portfolio indicators for loans, grants, technical assistance, contract awards, disbursements, baseline projections, portfolio ratings, PCR/TCR.
- Guides operational staff and provides user support services for IT systems and databases related to portfolio management and procurement.
- Coordinates business process requirements with corresponding OSOM team and OIST on eOperations, operations data store, operations dashboard, and related reporting applications.Coordinates with OIST on the development of the Unit’s central reporting database or data warehouse for sovereign operations. Performs user acceptance testing, and resolution of issues encountered, and coordinates service levels, core operating standards and maintenance schedules with OIST.
- Timely maintenance of OSFMD databases to ensure that portfolio information and data is accurate and updated for use of reports, analysis, and special studies.
- Organizes and supports tailored training programs to encourage usage of existing and new OSFMD IT systems.
- Provides back-up support to the Senior National Staff responsible for the area of assignment. Guides and mentors junior staff.
- Performs any other duties assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, preferably with advanced training.
- Minimum 8 years of project management experience in systems development, quality assurance of system applications, data, data migration, and portfolio management indicators.
- Solid experience with handling data on procurement, performance indicators, project and portfolio management.
- In-depth knowledge of ADB’s portfolio management and project administration systems, project performance, portfolio indicators, data sources, definitions, and methodologies.
- Good knowledge on ADB’s systems (e.g. LFIS, TAIS, GFIS, eOperations, Operations Dashboard.
- Knowledge of ADB’s operations, financial instruments, business process, and project administration instructions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, eye for detail, and ability to accurately work with large spreadsheets and Excel functions (formulas, charts, etc.).
- Experience programming in one or more of the following environments would be an advantage: Oracle, SQL, Lotus Notes and Java.
- Ability to guide administrative staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member, strong client orientation, and ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels within and outside the department.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff Level 2.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.