IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
Private sector financial development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low and middle-income countries around the world. Sound and efficient financial markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth. IFC’s goal is to prioritize investment in the financial sector because it promotes development in all other sectors.
The Financial Institution Group (FIG) is one of IFC’s key Departments responsible for a significant portion of IFC’s business volume, profitability, and development reach, approximately 40%. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with both
The FIG’s Latin America and the Caribbean team (FIG LAC) is based across the LAC region with main hubs and locations in Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, and Sao Paulo. The team members work on both new business development and processing, and portfolio management across the region.
The Unit currently has a vacancy for effective and highly qualified Portfolio Assistant to be based in Mexico City, Mexico. The selected candidate should have acquired solid experience in operations and sound knowledge of the International Finance Corporation’s internal policies and operational procedures.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Portfolio Assistant will provide a full range of operational and portfolio-related support to the team, manage numerous portfolio databases. In close cooperation with Portfolio Analysts, the incumbent will be expected to track, monitor, and report information and have solid knowledge of the portfolio supervision operating procedures along with administrative tasks. Main duties will include but not restricted to the following:
• Monitoring clients’ compliance with reporting requirements (financials, environmental, insurance renewals, any other reports listed in the legal agreements) and populating receipts of reports in iPortal’s Reporting Requirements Tracker; notifying Investment Officers on outstanding or overdue reports; Ensuring all portfolio related documents are properly filed.
• Collecting, monitoring, and updating information on portfolio committed exposure, arrears, non-performing loans, realized/unrealized capital gains/losses, prepayments, and cancellations; summarizing data by region and product and preparing quarterly portfolio snapshots.
• Support the quarterly Portfolio Review meetings by compiling materials, helping identify areas of risk and concern, and benchmarking performance for the unit.
• Keep track of equity sales plan. Prepare monthly dividend report and annual dividend projections in close coordination with IO’s.
• Keeping track of timely completion of quarterly IRPs and annual XPSR reports; monitoring compliance on documentation, timely processing of portfolio supervision processes.
• Drafting, editing, proofreading, and finalizing routine correspondence, documents/reports in accordance with the World Bank/IFC guidelines.
• Provide basic analytical support to the Portfolio Manager/Head on compliance & operational risk issues; analyze trends and discuss quarterly changes.
• Keeping abreast of the IFC guidelines and procedures for project and portfolio supervision and processing.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience
• Experience in an international organization, private sector and/or knowledge of the World Bank Group procedures and tools would be a plus.
• High degree of motivation, initiative, sound judgement, and discretion in accomplishing the job and mastery of administrative and/or technical processes.
• Excellent knowledge of portfolio databases and systems (e.g. iPortal, EPMS, Business Intelligence [BI Reports] and strong computer skills [Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook]).
• Excellent aptitude to learn new systems.
• Good knowledge of IFC’s portfolio procedures and processes.
• Excellent organizational, and time management skills with proven ability to work promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to think independently, analyze problems and identify appropriate solutions.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels (inside and outside IFC) with demonstrated team spirit, responsiveness, and tact.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
• Strong proficiency in Portuguese is highly preferred.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
|City, State:||Mexico City|
|Closing date:||September 15, 2021|