Participate in the design, development and maintenance of all financial policies and guidelines relating to the Bank’s financial management including income, investments, pricing frameworks, provisioning, resource mobilization, cost allocation, equity growth, profit rate risk, currency risk, liquidity management and hedging strategies.
- Support and contribute in the formulation of the financial strategy for the Bank to ensure sustainable growth rate in operations baked by robust financial policies and guidelines for Asset-Liability Management, Liquidity, Funding, Pricing and Delegation of Authority within the Finance Complex.
Financial Policies Development:
- Design, develop and maintain all financial policies and guidelines relating to the bank’s financial management including income, investments, pricing frameworks, provisioning, resource mobilization, cost allocation, equity growth and others.
- Design, develop and maintain all financial risk policies and guidelines relating to the bank’s Asset Liability Management including profit rate risk, currency risk, liquidity management and hedging strategy.
- Act as the focal point and ‘Resource Centre’ for all matters related to financial policies and guidelines and ensures that policies are readily available on server platform for all Bank users.
- Support the enhancement of the governance and control processes embedded in financial policies and activities of the Finance Complex including the delegation of authorities’ matrix to have right balance between control and efficiency of operations.
- Support the Investment unit in developing the Investment Policy statements for each of the managed funds including the Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) and risk budget for the investment strategies and the supporting guidelines on the procedural rules and permissible variances from targets
- Provide technical guidance to the lesser experienced team members and review their work.
- Monitor effective implementation and adherence to the respective financial management policies, procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled.
- Keep abreast with the latest developments, regulations and leading practices in the field and proposes any necessary actions.
- Propose and implement process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the related operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Business Management or related field.
- Certification in FRM, PRM or CFA would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial management, financial policy development, risk management and related fields.
Skills and Necessary Knowledge:
- Building Relationships
- Passion for Excellence
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Stakeholder Management
- Financial Management
- Financial Policies
- Islamic Finance
- Knowledge of the development sector
- MS Office skills, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- English (mandatory)
- Arabic (preferred)
- French (preferred)