WYG is a multi-disciplinary practice with several UK and international offices. We are keen to speak to experienced Planning Managers for our P3M division. You must be able to support the management of Projects, Programmes and Portfolios through the provision of a high-quality planning service.
We are looking to grow our P3M Project Controls team and currently have planning and scheduling roles to fill in Glasgow, where you would be collocated with our defence-sector Client and assist with the management of a range of projects.
Using Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project, your duties would include:
- Administration of P6 databases, including development of Organisational Breakdown Structure (OBS) and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), calendars, activity and resource codes.
- Preparation of development programmes, from inception to completion. This would typically include appointment of design consultants, completion of assessment studies, option appraisal, full design, obtaining planning permission, review of risk, establishment of a budget, procurement of a contractor, construction and handover;
- The development of programmes, using “rolling wave” planning principles;
- Definition and measurement of programme and schedule maturity;
- Working within a team environment to assist with the preparation of reports and other programme “deliverables” required for Gateway sign-off;
- The review and acceptance of programmes produced by others, including analysis of critical and float paths;
- Provision of time-related Project Controls, such as Earned Value Analysis (EVA) and the definition and management of key milestones. This would entail the generation of Key Performance Indicators, including Schedule Performance Indicator (SPI) and Cost Performance Indicator (CPI), together with cost and budget forecasting;
- Production of progress updates, reports and look-ahead programmes; and
- Analysis of time-risk, using Three Point Estimates and Monte Carlo simulation.
You should have experience of working on construction projects throughout their whole lifecycle and have knowledge of various types of construction technology. This will allow you to create programmes from “first principles”, using best practice. You should have a good working knowledge of all commonly used forms of contract, including NEC3.
Planning and scheduling in compliance with American National Standards Institute (ANSI) requirements would be an advantage.
You would be degree-qualified or a Member of an appropriate professional body. A construction or project management degree would be preferable, but not essential. You would also need to be able to obtain MOD Security Clearance (SC).
At WYG, our vision is clear: to inspire our clients and our people to create positive change through our imagination and expertise. Resourceful, confident and authentic, we promise unique solutions and we deliver every time. The qualities we share help us match the impact of far bigger consultancies – from client focus and collaborative spirit, to strategic and ethical thinking.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
- International Development
- Infrastructure & Built Environment
- Programme & Project Management
- Surveying & Asset Management
- Planning and Transport
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We are committed to supporting your personal aspirations, and with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you to develop all the skills and qualifications you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.