This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team that will amplify the presence of mothers2mothers (m2m) in North America. Based in New York City, the Philanthropy & Partnerships Manager will maintain a personal portfolio of institutional and corporate relationships, serving as primary relationship manager and providing grant management for key existing corporate and foundations donors, as well as leading efforts to create a robust pipeline of new strategic partners to grow and diversify m2m’s revenue streams. The Philanthropy & Partnerships Manager will provide thought leadership on engaging new audiences to build models of growth for restricted and unrestricted funding, and strategic input to leverage global campaigns and opportunities. This role will require extensive collaboration with colleagues, and will report to the Acting North America Director.
Key Performance Areas:
- Be a “hands on” fundraiser by managing a portfolio of key high value donors, and driving new business by creating strategic partnerships and identifying, approaching and securing income from new corporate and foundation sources.
- Maintain an active schedule of personal visits and initiate one-on-one engagement and solicitation opportunities with donors and new prospects.
- Engage prospects creatively and effectively based on their full net worth (e.g. expertise, network, and financial capacity), regularly opening up opportunities for m2m colleagues in North America and globally.
- Ensure the correct balance of retention of existing funders and new income generation.
- Work to and achieve financial and activity targets that have been set with the Acting North America Director, including developing and tracking revenue projections.
- Work closely with the Institutional Giving Officer and wider fundraising team to develop fruitful prospecting activities and undertake prospect research to ensure m2m is maximizing potential income and prioritizing and approaching opportunities appropriately.
- Engage colleagues across m2m entities and key external stakeholders in developing strategies to engage specific segments such as tech and pharma, and to support global approaches and relationships.
- Identify and cultivate cause-related marketing opportunities.
- Work closely with the European entity fundraising team to coordinate global pipelines and partnership development based on a global strategy and local implementation.
- Support select global and geographic-specific global campaigns and other tactics to increase unrestricted revenue, utilizing where possible matching donors and key corporate partners.
- Engage the CEO and other senior staff including the Chief Operating Officer, and Director of Business Development as appropriate in advancing prospect relationships, including planning and coordinating their cultivation, proposal and solicitation efforts.
Events, Communications & Coordination
- Ensure team’s maximum awareness of m2m’s programs and fundraising opportunities, including developing and keeping updated information on m2m services, projects and initiatives requiring funding.
- Develop and execute cultivation events in key markets, considering all aspects from strategy to follow up and liaising with the wider fundraising team where appropriate, with support from the Development Assistant.
- Develop and prepare high quality written materials, overseeing donor proposals, award submissions, and stewardship reporting.
- Ensure full and timely records of donor activity are kept in Salesforce.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks assigned by the Acting North America Director