About Social Impact
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff P knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
Position Overview and Description (2 positions)
SI is seeking two senior consultants to conduct an assessment of MEL systems across the USAID/Vietnam portfolio of implementing partners (IPs) over a three-months period between early January 2021 to late March or early April 2021. The assignment is in country and so, in order to qualify, international consultants residing outside of Vietnam must be willing to do a two-week quarantine (at a 5-star hotel organized by the program) upon arrival.
The team made up of two consultants (one of which may be international) will work under the direct technical leadership of a Senior Advisor reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (or in his/her absence the Chief of Party), to achieve the followings:
- Kick off event with USAID / Vietnam to validate the scope of the assignment
- Testing and finalization of assessment tools & associated method, likely building on “Participatory M&E System Assessment Tools” which will have been adapted to the context of the USAID Vietnam portfolio (including activities supporting economic growth, health, environment and legacies of war) and the particular needs of the Mission.
- In person participatory assessment conducted with a representative sample of IPs, using a highly collaborative and collegial approach.
- Analysis, validation and presentation of findings, and associated recommendations.
- Final report and associated deliverables.
** Note: This position is open to both international candidates and local candidates **
Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- Familiarity /firsthand experience applying “Participatory M&E System Assessment Tool” strongly preferred;
- Senior experience with Strategic Information (SI), preferred;
- Technical expertise/experience with do a deep dive on Monitoring Capacity and Gaps among a representative sample of Implementing Partners (IPs) at USAID.
- Extensive experience in technical data-quality and data-management issues; Strong experience in M&E systems (the 12 components of M&E systems)
- Extensive experience designing the Monitoring Capacity Assessment including tools and methodology,
- Experience with participatory research, strongly preferred,
- Experience with Collaboration Learning and Adapting (CLA), preferred
- Knowledge of USAID policies and guideline, required
- Knowledge and experiences working with USAID Implementing Partners, including an understanding of USAID’s work in Vietnam, preferred
- Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills, required
- Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and writing skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree relevant field or equivalent experience
- Fluency in English is required
- Ability to work well with a variety of personnel with differing levels of authority, experience, and backgrounds.
Note: Consultants must be full-time available to conduct this assignment from early Jan to late March/early April 2021. International applicants international must be willing to travel to Vietnam and do a two-week quarantine (at a 5-star hotel organized by the program) upon arrival.
Estimated Level of Effort
- Estimated 60 to 70 days of Level of Effort between early Jan 2021 and end of March/early April 2021.
The closing date for application: November 08, 2020. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.