The goal of the Global Development Program is to increase opportunities for people in the developing world to lift themselves out of hunger and poverty and to help deliver targeted healthcare solutions in these regions. Our strategies focus on Agriculture Development; Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene; Financial Services for the Poor; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health; Gender Equality; Nutrition; and Family Planning. These strategies are supported by functional teams that focus on Vaccine Delivery and Integrated Delivery.
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Program Assistant provides administrative support to members of the Nutrition team. We are looking for people who enjoy administrative support, who thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and excel at time management, organization and planning skills. Your love of efficiency, attention to detail, resourcefulness and good judgment to ensure smooth operations of the team make you successful in this role.
- Schedule a high volume of appointments/meetings and manage complex calendars for the team members. Very often meetings are scheduled over a number of time zones (international as well as domestic) and often include multiple communication links (i.e. conference call numbers and/or video conferencing).
- Make arrangements for and track extensive domestic and international travel for the team (including securing visas when required). Travel arrangements may also be required for participants of foundation sponsored meetings.
- Compile and process invoices, expense reports, reimbursements, and check requests with accuracy and timeliness for the team members and participants of meetings.
- Schedule and plan for on-site as well as off-site meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials.
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Create, modify and/or maintain organized files and records.
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including:
- Act as liaison for team with internal & external partners, answering questions, and routing requests appropriately.
- Take and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Work proactively and take initiative to support the varying needs of the team.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in an office setting is desired, preferably in an administrative role for a complex and fast-paced organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts.
- Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning coordination.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
- Demonstrated effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Experience establishing organizational systems to improve efficiency and functioning in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint is required. Previous experience MS SharePoint and OneNote preferred, but not required. Experience in learning and mastering new software applications.
- Demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work, including a commitment to client-service and problem solving.
- The position is based in Seattle, WA.