USAID/Liberia has engaged LSA to provide support for development of Project Appraisal Documents (PAD) for the Economic Growth (EG) and Democracy, Rights and Governances (DRG) Offices. USAID/Liberia’s 2019-2024 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) was recently approved by the Agency. The overarching goal of the CDCS is inclusive economic growth that is private sector driven to put Liberia on a path to self-reliance. The CDCS has three Development Objectives (DO) (1) Market-driven, inclusive economic growth supporting increased job creation; (2) Effective and inclusive governance catalyzed through reforms and greater accountability; and (3) Foundation for growth strengthened through a healthy, productive, and educated population. The consultant will lead the coordination and writing of the DO1 and DO2 PADs.
The estimated start date will be February 3 through April 2020. The estimated LOE will be 60 days.
Deadline for applications: January 31, 2020
SI is seeking a PAD Design Specialist to lead the coordination and writing of the EG and DRG PADs. The PAD Design Specialist will be working alongside technical USAID staff.
- Coordinate PAD design teams (DT) in close consultation with the DT leads and EG and DRG Office Directors.
- Coordinate information gathering and gather information for analysis, synthesis, and writing of the PADs. This work will include coordinating with management and staff from the EG and DRG offices, other Mission offices, USAID/Washington, and other sources as appropriate.
- Utilize the CDCS, Project Design Plans, and existing PADs as information sources and guidance.
- Be responsible for analyzing and synthesizing information, as well as authoring and editing the PADs and the associated analysis and reports.
- Set and meet realistic timelines, identify and solve issues, and report results to EG and DRG DT leads and Office Directors.
- Must have at least ten years of development experience, with five years providing analytical, strategy, and design support to USAID.
- Must have participated in or led the development of a PAD.
- Knowledge of ADS 201 guidance and USAID policy relating to designs is required, including design and procurement processes at a high level.
- Must have strong organizational, task management, and facilitation skills and the ability to produce high quality reports in English.
- Must have demonstrated experience analyzing and synthesizing complex project design issues.
- An advanced degree in international development or a field related to objectives of DO1 or DO2 is preferred.
- Should be able to adapt to new work environments and understand new unfamiliar information.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.