Outreach and Behavioral Change Advisor
FHI 360 is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Outreach and Behavior Change Advisor for an upcoming water conservation project in Jordan, pending award. This is a five year project. Recruitment is contingent upon funding by USAID.
Candidate should have a community development, communications, MPH, or relevant degree with at least 5 years’ experience in coordination, planning, monitoring large scale behavior change and community mobilization programs. She/he should have a deep understanding of behavior change methodologies, including the role of community groups, businesses, financing, and government in supporting changes in practices at household, farm and community level.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Outreach and Behavior Change Advisor will have overall responsibility for technical direction and implementation of behavior change and communication activities, ensuring overall program activities achieve measurable impacts for conserving water. She/he will work closely with the COP and the project’s technical staff, other stakeholders, advertising and media related organizations and community organizations to ensure effective formative research, planning, delivery and documentation of the social and behavior change strategy. She/he must demonstrate exceptional technical and managerial experience, including managing complex rural and urban community mobilization and behavior change activities involving multiple program partners.
- Community development, communications, MPH, or relevant degree
- At least 5 – 8 years of experience providing leadership in behavior change and community development programs.
- Experience in coordination, planning, monitoring large scale development activities with government and the private sector
- Proven expertise in community outreach and stakeholder engagement processes
- Subject-matter expertise in behavior change, communication, mass media, community mobilization, and local capacity building.
- Deep understanding of behavior change methodologies, including the role of community groups, businesses, financing, and government in supporting changes in practices at household, farm and community level.
- Experience with water supply and water conservation is preferred.
- Experience working with government, businesses, and communities in Jordan is highly preferred.
- Arabic proficiency preferred.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.