International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor
Department/Location: CCG, Nigera
Reports To: HO Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking an Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor for an upcoming USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Project. This will be a full-time, key position based in Abuja, Nigeria. This Project will provide a range of technical assistance to USAID/Nigeria’s portfolio of programs. The Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor will provide leadership, guidance and overall direction to the Mission’s collaboration, learning and adapting efforts.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare organizational reflection and learning opportunities, such as special studies, after action reviews, partners’ meetings, and organizational learning surveys to facilitate strategic planning and implementation.
- Incorporate research design and methodologies in the application of learning to project and activity design and management.
- Work with the Program Office and Mission management to refine and implement the Mission’s learning agenda and CLA strategy, e-sharing and learning tools, to include outcome mapping.
- Foster peer and cross-learning techniques and opportunities to promote holistic program management rather than siloed activity management.
- Interact professionally with senior Mission staff, implementing partners, and government officials;
- Supervise expat and/or local staff and/or consultants per the terms of the project organizational chart and/or as delegated by the Chief of Party.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in organizational or action learning, development and/or knowledge management.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in interpreting monitoring and evaluation analysis and subsequently developing and leading collaboration, learning and adapting programs among various stakeholders in international development contexts.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal presentation, and facilitation skills applied within multi-cultural contexts.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education:A Master’s Degree or higher in one or more fields related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration, knowledge management, political science, economics, development studies or closely related, inter-disciplinary fields.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Previous professional experience in Nigeria.
• Previous work experience on USAID funded initiatives.
• Strict attention to detail
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs. This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of an emergency.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.