Organizational Development Expert and Trainer , USAID/Haiti
KONEKTE project, Arlington, VA
Launched by USAID in November 2012, KONEKTE (KONesans E Konpetans TEknik) is a program designed to assist the Government of Haiti (GOH) with increasing capacity within Haitian ministries by identifying and placing experienced advisors in key positions. KONEKTE is a partnership between a Haitian firm (Centre de Formation et d’Encadrement Technique (CFET), USAID, and the GOH which aims to build local capacity to create a more stable and viable Haiti. KONEKTE’s main partner within the GOH is the Office of Management and Human Resources (OMRH). KONEKTE works closely with the OMRH to identify high-level advisors through a transparent and competitive recruitment process that prioritizes the expertise of Haitians and the Haitian diaspora. Each Advisor is placed in a department to bridge a competence gap. In addition, consistent with the objectives of the USAID Forward initiative, KONEKTE strengthens the OMRH’s ability to ensure the sustainability of the program’s achievements.
MSI is looking for an Organizational Development consultant who will manage the roll out of public sector organizational assessments (performance evaluations called Evaluation de Performance de l’Administration Publique, or EPAP) with the Government of Haiti’s Office of Management and Human Resources (OMRH) and other Government of Haiti institutions.
*There is an opportunity for exceptional candidates to be hired by MSI full-time (based in the Arlington office) with significant travel to Haiti for one year.*
- Support training for the EPAP training program for 30 civil servants selected from the OMRH and other government institutions.
- Support the roll out of at least three EPAPs, one of which is for OMRH and two for other GOH institutions.
- Serve as support and mentor for the EPAP team members.
- Build the capacity of other OD experts to lead EPAP teams in the future.
- Liaise with the Steering Committees of the OMRH and other government institutions before and during the EPAP.
- Responsible for EPAP deliverables including the action plans, called performance solutions packages (PSPs).
- Lead reflective learning processes during and after each EPAP in order to fully test the current version of the approach and document the results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Based on the EPAP training manual, conduct the training program on conducting performance assessments and basic facilitation skills.
- Support the formation of EPAP teams.
- Guide the preparations of the performance evaluations by the EPAP teams.
- Guide implementation of the EPAP according to the methodology stated in the EPAP implementation manual.
- Facilitate collection of data and analysis of the findings in close collaboration with the Steering Committees of the institutions.
- Prepare and facilitate sessions with the Steering Committees and other focus groups or individuals during EPAP administration.
- Coach team members throughout each EPAP process to strengthen their ability to perform EPAPs in the future.
- Responsible for all deliverables due in the course of EPAP implementation.
- Facilitate sessions with EPAP team members and write reflections of lessons learned after each step in the EPAP process, including: how the process went (with suggested revisions), how individual team members performed, any issues arising that either help or hinder team member performance of EPAP duties, items that should be highlighted, deleted, or included in future training sessions, etc.
- As needed, provide further coaching, training, and mentoring of EPAP team members.
- As decided by the cadre of trainees, mentor a community of practice of the trainees for information sharing and professional growth and development.
- Develop communication pieces to ensure understanding of the EPAP, roles and expectations in the process, successes and learning of EPAP teams and organizations.
- Master’s Degree in organizational development, business administration, human resource development, public administration or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of experience in organizational development, change management, or capacity development is desirable.
- Experience with public sector reform is desirable.
- Familiar with francophone government systems is desirable.
- Experience working in developing countries is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and motivate teams is highly preferred.
- Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) or Human Performance Improvement (HPI) designation is desirable.
- Excellent analytical skill is desirable.
- Fluency in French is required.