RTI is seeking an Organizational Capacity Development (OCD) Consultant for the two-year USAID-funded, Sustainable Fish Asia (SUFIA) Local Capacity Development program. The goal of this program is to improve the management of marine biodiversity and fisheries resources in the Indo-Pacific region by reducing unsustainable fishing and illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing. This position will be based in Manado, Indonesia.
Background: The OCD Consultant will work directly with the Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs Fisheries (CTI-CFF). The primary consulting activity will be to conduct an organizational capacity assessment and deliver capacity development services to CTI-CFF. The consultant will also be responsible for customizing organizational diagnostic tools and identifying and overseeing other consultants to conduct specific capacity development services. The candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and the proven ability to strengthen non-governmental organizations for improved performance as well as experience in conservation and marine biodiversity.
Roles and Responsibilities / Deliverables:
- Work with RTI to customize organizational measurement products based on RTI, USAID, and other organizations’ tools in this area.
- Work under the guidance of project leadership staff to conduct an organizational capacity assessment and capacity development action plans.
- Provide on-site capacity development services (training, coaching, mentoring, etc.) and product (manuals, bylaws, policies, etc.) creation.
- Identify and oversee consultants for supplementary capacity development services.
- Help organizations identify and procure equipment, software, and other tools.
- Provide periodic evaluations and reports of capacity development progress and other CTI-CFF activities.
Period of Performance: Up to four months – with a start date in November 2020
- Minimum of 5 years of proven practical experience in Organizational Development, Public Administration, and/or Human Resources Management.
- Degree in Public Administration/Institutional and Human Resources Development, and or other related fields.
- Experience in conducting organizational diagnostic and change/ restructuring exercises.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with people from all levels of an organization on coaching and mentoring for capacity development.
- Must have written and spoken fluency in both Indonesian and English
- This position will be based in Manado and provide on-site consulting to CTI-CFF
To apply, please upload your resume to the RTI Careers page. RTI offers competitive compensation and benefits and robust home office project support. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, then please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via HRethics@rti.org. Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.