Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the new USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff P knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
Position Overview and Description
USAID Disability recently awarded three new Activities to local implementing partners (IPs), now in their third month implementation and whose evolving institutional capacity and performance will need to be assessed at the end of a 24 months period. Earlier this year, as part of the procurement process a pre-award survey was conducted. But to ensure that the broader IP performance is measured in coherent and fair manner in two years’ time, USAID needs Performance Evaluation Criteria (PEC) to be developed from the onset (no later than October 2020) through a technically sound and collaborative approach, and results in development of clear and measurable criteria (and associated tools) to be used to conduct the assessment in 2022.
The consultant will work under the leadership of the Learns Senior consultant/Learns activity manager, supporting him to achieve the following:
- PEC criteria – Work in close coordination with the USAID Disability team, Learns Manager and the three IP themselves to develop clear PEC defining the criteria that will be applied when they are assessed after 24 months of implementation (e.g., technical oversight, coordination, learning…). The criteria should also take into account data already gathered through the pre-award surveys, relevant AMELP/PMELP data, as well as other priority criteria identified by USAID.
- PEC tools & method – Develop clear user-friendly tools and associated methodology that will be used to assess the three implementing partners against the agreed PEC in 2020. These tools and approach again should be developed in close consultation with USAID and concerned IPs and be user friendly.
The PEC-based assessment is expected to be based primarily on document reviews and Key Informant interview based (USAID, IPs but sub-partners and to some extent beneficiaries) but will not attempt to demonstrate or measure the attributable impact of activities.
**Please Note: This is a local position.
Only Vietnamese citizens currently in Vietnam are eligible to apply.**
Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- Extensive experience conducting Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA) and capacity building of implementing agencies with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop user-friendly OCA tools in a highly collaborative manner
- Experience conducting OCA in relevant technical area is strongly preferred.
- Experience conducting OCA with activities supporting People with Disability in Vietnam is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and experiences working with NGOs and CSOs in Vietnam, ideally ones working with People with Disability
- Knowledge of USAID policies and guideline, including an understanding of USAID’s work in Vietnam.
- Experience with or an understanding of USAID’s NUPAS process and its application
- Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree relevant field or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English is required
- Ability to work well with a variety of personnel with differing levels of authority, experience, and backgrounds.
- Availability : immediately
- Expected level of effort (LoE): 5 to 7 Level of Effort Days over a 3 weeks period.
The closing date for application: Sept 30, 2020. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.