We are currently looking for an Oracle Service Delivery Manager to be based in our central London office. This is a great opportunity for a talented Service Delivery Manager with experience of Oracle technology to work in a fast paced and dynamic international environment; and join an organisation that is at the start of implementing its new global strategy focusing on reaching the most deprived children globally.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the stable international operation of our Oracle cloud services through working with a geographically dispersed global IT team, building strong relationships with our suppliers and ensuring that the contracts meet their performance and financial targets. This will involve coordinating and developing the effective functioning of problem management activities, contributing to the planning of SaaS upgrades, patches and configuration changes, designing appropriate KPI’s, identifying and progressing potential areas for service improvement.
In order to be successful you’ll bring:
- An understanding of service delivery for Oracle technology in a complex multinational environment using structure methodologies such as ITIL
- Proven vendor management skills and experience, along with a desire to ensure continuous improvements in service delivery
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills, with a proven ability to build effective long-term relationships
- The ability to work effectively in a lead role with a virtual team
- Previous outsourcing/on demand delivery or implementation experience
- The ability to operate with minimum supervision at the strategic, tactical and operational level
- Knowledge of functional Oracle HCM and current cloud technologies is helpful, along with an understanding of field operations and the IT related issues of working in remote and insecure environments.
On a personal level you’ll have exceptional planning and organisational skills, excellent communication skills, a proactive and collaborative approach and strong cultural awareness.
The role offers a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://www.savethechildren.net/
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.