We are currently seeking an Operations Specialist for The Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Partnerships and Learning for Sustainability (WASHPaLS). S/he will be responsible for supporting the smooth and efficient operation of the program by providing administrative and logistical support. S/he supports the Operations and Finance Manager (OFM) in financial, subcontract and human resources management, as well as travel coordination, event preparation and project procurements.
The Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Partnerships and Learning for Sustainability (WASHPaLS) project is a five-year (2016–2021) Task Order working to improve water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programming by identifying, researching and sharing best practices for the delivery of WASH services and sustained behavior change.
Based in the project office in Arlington, VA, the Operations Specialist will also serve as a liaison between the project office and the home office on issues related to operations, finance, and logistics.
* Work with the Home Office Project Management Team (HO PMT) team to ensure the project complies with USAID and Tetra Tech policies and procedures
* Draft Request for Approvals in coordination with the OFM and follow-up on requests as necessary and appropriate
* Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations, including tracking reporting deadlines to ensure timely delivery
* Support project recruitment efforts for consultants, including contacting candidates to determine availability and collecting CVs, salary histories and references; performing reference checks; documenting decisions leading to consultant selection
* Perform first review of subcontractor invoices to confirm all rates are correct and all costs allowable, and track staff LOE
* Review subcontractor requests for approval, including rate increases, new staff and international travel
* Support the OFM and HO PMT in managing the project budget, monitoring expenditures and preparing projections
* Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, administration, business, or other related field
* Minimum of 1-2 years project management experience with international donors
* Proven ability to draft quality correspondence and contributions for project required reports
* Demonstrated inter-personal skills conducive to working in multiple countries, with a diverse set of actors (e.g. vendors, USAID officials, local government officials, and local staff)
* Previous experience supporting projects of a similar magnitude and complexity
* Fluency in English (both written and oral)
* Self-motivated and able to work with minimal guidance to achieve results
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high-pressure work environment and work well in multi-disciplinary teams
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to troubleshoot basic information technology problems
* Preferred: Familiarity with Tetra Tech ARD systems (TetraLinx, PM Dashboard, Egnyte) and reporting (AOP, PEEAC, CMRE)
* Ability to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this online application process:
* Letter of motivation explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.