CF International seeks an Operations Project Manager to support the Child Welfare Capacity Building Center for States (the Center) contract with the Children’s Bureau. The goal of the Center is to support and enable child welfare agencies across the country to build on and expand their capacities to serve their communities and to keep children safe and families strong. The Operations Project Manager will help oversee project management practice, including development of tools and protocols to support consistent and efficient execution of projects across the Center in support of contract deliverables. The successful candidate has broad knowledge of project management and change and implementation concepts and will work with other project managers to build the Center’s project management community of practice.
- Manage the development and delivery of projects, including project timelines, budgets, and scopes.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge available about project management, including standardization of tools, protocols, and processes, creating a connection to project management practice and a consistent approach across the Center. Development of a portfolio wide Community of Practice for project managers to support staff development and consistency of practice.
- Provide leadership across the project in innovation and problem solving.
- Collaborate as part of a project management team to ensure that the expertise, skills, and relationships of Center Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), consultants, project managers and other staff are leveraged efficiently.
- Work in close collaboration with the Operations teams to track and report, issues, and areas of progress.
- Maintain expert knowledge about Center tasks and overall objectives and manage work with service delivery teams to monitor progress and assure work plan deliverables are met.
- Provide direct project management support to Center teams as needed. Work with the Associate Director to balance direct project work and the oversight and development of the “Project Management” operational practice area as dictated by Center needs.
- Provide feedback about challenges and successes and troubleshoot any barriers encountered within the assigned tasks.
- As needed, act as point of contact with the client for projects being managed and provide prompt, substantive and comprehensive responses to all client needs and requests.
- Contribute to regular Center reporting and support all activities related to the Center’s evaluation including data collection and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of professional project management experience, including client relationship management, staff supervision, and budget management in a contract consulting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder and partner relationships, including balancing multiple perspectives/needs.
- Degree in social work, public administration, or other related field
- Ability to implement complex work plans, create and manage timelines, and keep teams on track to meet deadlines and milestones
- Project Management Professional or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of experience in training and technical assistance (T&TA) and/or capacity building provision in a human services field, preferably in child welfare.
- Proficient in use of Smartsheet
- Proficient in use of Power BI and/or Power Apps
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs.
- Exceptional project management skills, with a focus on TA project management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Challenges assumptions with bold and creative ideas.
- Strong focus on improving inefficiencies and improving processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated, outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient with M365 applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint).
- Working knowledge of one or more project management software tools.
- Ability to be part of multiple teams and participate in multiple teams’ processes.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)