PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for an Operations Officer to support the operations and administrative functions. The Operations Officer will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and will work closely with other teams across PATH Kenya. We are seeking an Operations Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Nairobi office facilities, housekeeping services, improvements, repairs and renovations.
- Oversee the leases for Nairobi and sub-offices
- Oversee management of PATH Kenya assets inventory
- Responsible for issuing and tracking of commonly shared equipment
- New Hire set up – Prepare workstations in advance of arrival of new employees and ensure workstation is stocked with required supplies.
- Oversee PATH vehicle management.
- Responsible for allocation of vehicle. Keeps track and monitors compensation leave for direct reports.
- Monitor vehicle utilization, maintenance and expenses and generate monthly report
- Assure all necessary licenses and permits are kept current.
- Coordinate delivery of all new vehicles including fitting of required security units, applying for new fuel cards, vehicle insurance and dispatching the vehicles to respective offices.
- Coordinate with the insurance company in case of accidents for claims processing.
- Serve as Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Nairobi Office
- Serve as primary administrative liaison with Global Security Officer on Office Emergency Management Plan
- Responsible for keeping the workspace safe and stocked with first aid and emergency supplies.
- Share relevant security information with staff and management for action
- Oversee security systems for the office and staff.
- Problem solve in case of theft
- Oversee duties and activities of Admin Assistant/Receptionist.
- Facilitate individual team member success through communication, delegation, feedback and performance assessment.
- Review and update current assignments
- Provide support for staff development
- Oversee travel management for Kenya office including managing relationships with travel agents, hotels and vendors.
- Support development/updating and implementation of travel policies and procedures.
- Coordinate annual review of PATH Kenya specific per diem rates
Finance and Budget Monitoring:
- Involved in preparation of annual Facilities and Overheads budgets
- Review monthly expenditure reports and discuss any issues with the PADM and RPM.
- Review of recurrent administrative expenses.
- Review annual supplier contracts
- Maintain administration files and records, ensuring confidentiality of documents.
- Oversee offsite records archiving and retrieval processes
- Other administrative duties as assigned