The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 35 countries and 26 U.S. cities In the U.S., the IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. In the U.S., the IRC supports newly arrived refugees admitted to the United States by providing initial basic support and an expanding array of extended services through a network of staff members and volunteers, enabling refugees to establish new lives and become self-sufficient, productive citizens.
Through the European Resettlement and Integration Technical Assistance Project (EURITA), IRC coordinates technical assistance (TA) to help European countries develop improved resettlement and integration strategies and tools based on U.S. best practices.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Oversees all administrative functions of the project including coordination of Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Match, Travel Scheduling, and Logistics and Supply Chain systems. The Operations Officer reports to the Project Director.
- Oversee all administrative functions of the project including the management of Finance, Human Resources, and Information Technology systems;
- Facilitate all logistical aspects of workshops, including travel arrangements;
- Oversee the project match strategy and responsible for match negotiation, tracking and documentation with project partners;
- Ensure that professional and responsive translation and interpretation services are available;
- Identify and establish relationships with vendors, as necessary, to ensure timely and professional production of materials;
- Primary responsibility for functionality and content posting for website.
- Maintain effective working relationships with IRC HQ Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, and Global Supply Chain personnel;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field required, Advanced Degree a plus;
- Minimum 5 years progressive work experience in the field of administration/ operations; experience in the context of social service or humanitarian assistance programs a plus;
- Program management experience preferred;
- Working knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and Cultural Orientation programs strongly preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and partners;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment;
- Solid computer skills: Microsoft Office, email/internet, and related software.