IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Environment, Social and Governance (CEG) Department makes an important contribution to IFC’s mandate – deploying ESG expertise to clients and other partners around the globe.
We are looking for a self-starter and detail-oriented Operations Officer to join the ESG Networks and Thought Leadership (the Unit). The Operations Officer will be part of a small team that elaborates, coordinates and supports the development of ESG knowledge, best practices and capacity building at a global level over a range of a wide range of ESG issues such as ESG and climate risk management, sustainable and inclusive finance, ESG Disclosure and Transparency, Women in business leadership.
The Operations Officer will report to the Senior Officer, ESG Networks and Thought Leadership.
Duties and accountabilities:
The Operations Officer will support the development and support of sustainable business practices and capacity building by coordinating the delivery of ESG thematic research and thought leadership by:
• Supporting the development and implementation of programs in respect to financial sector and industry initiatives, in close coordination with key internal and external stakeholders.
• The candidate should be a professional with expertise in ESG and climate related matters and financial sector.
• Master’s Degree in an area related to Environmental or Social management, Business Administration, Law, Economics, Finance, Accounting/Audit, or other relevant discipline.
• At least eight years of relevant work experience in the private sector, preferably in financial services or capital markets, or international organization.
• Experience in the area of ESG standards and performance, climate risk and sustainable finance.
• Experience in implementing donor-funded projects, including reporting to development partners.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of best available practices related to ESG and climate.
• Familiar with instructional design.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with people at all levels, engage with various stakeholders.
• Effective influencing skills and demonstrated diplomacy.
• Detail oriented, team player with organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
• Good attitude and capacity to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Ability to articulate ideas clearly and confidently.
• Excellent English written and spoken communication skills are essential. Additional language skills such as Spanish and French are preferred.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|
|Closing date:||October 15, 2021|