QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyse, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and Evidence-based decision-making.
The purpose of the Uganda Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its Implementing Partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting, in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
- Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership.
- Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost- effectiveness of programs and operations
- Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
The Operations Assistant (OA) will assist the Senior Operations Officer in his/her day-to-day activities including assistance with all human resources, procurement, inventory, facilities maintenance, transportation and logistics tasks.
- Provide support to project staff by performing a variety of standard administrative processes while ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
- Work in collaboration with the MSP staff to ensure consistent project implementation.
- Support office maintenance and assets management.
- Arrange and coordinate appointments and meetings.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: answering phone calls, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and meeting and greeting guests.
- Manage filing system of documents in hard and electronic versions.
- Ensure that office supplies are adequately stocked.
- Assist with the procurement of items in accordance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Control and maintain vehicle logbooks and registrations.
- Coordinate shifts and schedules for drivers with the Risk Management Consultant.
- Liaise with governmental departments.
- Monitor expiry dates for international staff visas and advice at least three weeks in advance of visa expiry dates. Supervise planning for and processing of visa renewals to ensure new visas are obtained prior to expiry.
- Maintain knowledge and distribute information on standard flight schedules offered by commercial and non-commercial airlines in Uganda.
- Process entry visas for foreigners.
- Process work permits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Operations Officer.
- College/university degree and 1+ year successful office experience.
- Proficient in office procedures, office equipment operation, and computer software programs (especially Microsoft Office).
- Ability to make decisions without close supervision, and must be accurate, efficient, and capable of handling multiple work assignments.
- Excellent communication skills including listening, oral, and written.
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively; also, to work well with others.
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application (leave the info in pink blank).
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.