Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party – Operations position on a USAID funded program in Papua New Guinea (PNG) and Solomon Islands (SI).
Position Description/Summary: Tetra Tech is seeking to hire a qualified Deputy Chief of Party – Operations to lead operational (financial and administrative) aspects of a 5-year USAID-funded project that will address the drivers of deforestation and forest degradation, unsustainable forest and land management, the lack of data to inform forest and land management decisions, and the lack of participatory land use planning and livelihood opportunities for forest-dependent communities in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination with project technical staff and external partners, the DCOP will supervise administration, finance and contracts/grant personnel to ensure the timely provision and delivery of project administration; procurement, subcontracts and grants; financial management; and contract compliance to successfully implement the project on time, scope and budget. This would be a full-time position and be based in PNG (or possibly Solomon Islands) for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
Qualified applicants from Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands are highly encouraged to apply
* Oversee administrative staff to support general management of project office and sub/field offices;
* Oversee finance staff and Direct all aspects of the project financial accounting system, including managing cash flow, tracking expenditures relevant to operating budget, and preparing and reconciling monthly financial reports; and assist in preparing local budget projections, using the operational budget;
* Oversee the procurement of local goods and services, including issuing sub-contracts and awarding grants consistent with all relevant USG and Tetra Tech policies and procedures;
* Develop and supervise Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) staff to ensure timely and accurate reporting of all outputs and deliverables consistent with annual work plans; monitoring evaluation and learning plans; and periodic performance reports.
* A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as business administration or international development. A Master’s degree is desirable
* A minimum of 8 years of experience with USAID project management, preferably with in a Melanesia context, including progressively greater responsibility managing/supporting budgeting, finance and accounting; procurement and grants management; human resources; compliance, and work planning and reporting;
* Strong report writing skills demonstrated through high quality contributions to work plans and progress reports;
* Successful track record in a supervisory role and in providing feedback and guidance to technical and administration personnel;
* Demonstrated capacity to work in a fast-paced context and across cultures;
* Experience in the Melanesia region preferred;
* Excellent communication skills in English.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.