Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Operations Coordinator candidates for the United States Agency for International Development-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program.
The Operations Coordinator (OC) is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) project by coordinating administrative, logistical, and operational support. The OC will support the program team in overall project planning, information sharing and collection, and the preparation of reports, presentations, and other program materials as needed. S/he provides the needed operational support to ensure that quality and timely assistance is provided to advance the program’s agenda. This role is based in Arlington, VA.
* Work with the Contracts, Grants & Procurement (CGP) Manager and the Home Office Project Management Team (HO PMT) and Operations Team to ensure the project complies with USAID and Tetra Tech policies and procedures.
* Support consultant and subcontractor management for global and country-specific technical activities, including reviewing invoices, monitoring budget performance and other support as needed to help the technical team ensure high-quality delivery.
* Support the drafting of Requests for Approval to USAID for the hiring of consultants, international travel, and other project activities.
* Ensure that print and electronic operating files, technical reports, contract deliverables, and other documentation is filed appropriately as required by the filing policy.
Assist with meeting logistics, including for large conferences/events directly hosted or supported by WASH-FIN, including scheduling, preparing agendas, sending appointments, and following up on action items after meetings.
* Manage recruitment efforts in close coordination with recruiter for both long-term personnel and short-term consultants, including providing direct support in the review of resumes and other application materials, coordination of candidate interviews, background and reference checks and rate negotiation.
* Coordinate international flight and hotel bookings with the Home Office Travel & Security unit.
* Maintain International Travel tracker.
* Manage purchase of DBA and MedEx insurance for international travelers.
* Support efforts to ensure compliance with USAID Branding & Marking guidelines by supporting the project’s development of presentations/reports and performing formatting review of these products when required.
* Track U.S. based procurements purchased by Burlington, VT office.
* Make purchases to facilitate office operations in Arlington using the company credit card.
* Facilitate monthly purchasing reconciliation.
* Serve as primary liaison between country office and home office information technology staff to troubleshoot basic IT problems and issues. Coordinate and support recruitment of local (in-country) staff and consultants. Orient them to WASH-FIN and Tetra Tech systems, as required.
* Provide logistics support and guidance for major events, including managing the travel and security of sponsored participants.
* Support the close-out of country offices as required, including coordinating with the Home Office on registration and bank account closures.
* Provide operational surge support to the HO PMT and country offices in the event of someone’s absence.
* Bachelor’s degree in International Studies, Public Administration, Business/Finance, or other related field; Master’s degree preferred
* Minimum of three years providing support to USAID-funded programs preferably of similar magnitude and complexity.
* Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations and ability to find these regulations on-line.
* Experience in WASH, Small-Medium Enterprise Development or Finance preferred.
* Fluency in English (both written and oral); knowledge of additional WASH-FIN portfolio country languages advantageous (French and Portuguese in particular).
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Ability to troubleshoot basic information technology problems
* Proven ability to draft quality correspondence and contributions for project required reports.
* Inter-personal skills conducive to working in multiple countries, with a diverse set of actors * Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure work environment and work well in multi-disciplinary teams.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is February 17, 2020.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.