Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Director General (CWOD) within the Central and West Asia Department (CWRD). CWRD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Central and West Asia region. CWOD is responsible for providing the strategic direction and supervising the delivery of CWRD’s work program
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Coordination Analyst provides administrative and analytical support in HR matters and special programs, including database update/maintenance, coordination support, personnel action/movements monitoring, assistance to personnel and administrative functions of CWRD and coordinates specialized administrative requirements to achieve specific functional results. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff.
• Assist in human resources related activities including but not limited to (i) coordinating and monitoring personnel recruitment and deployment, interdivision/department transfers resignations/retirements and temporary replacements, vacancy, field office assignments and outpostings; (ii) monitoring periodic performance evaluation reports such as end of six-months evaluation, end of probationary period and end of fixed-term appointment; (iii) assisting in the implementation of internal/external training requirements and arrangements; staff development, RMT and staff retreat, rewards and recognition, staff welfare recreation, and other HR special programs; and (iv) contributing in the preparation of human resources related reports and various studies as assigned.
• Contribute to preparation of inputs for submission of staffing requirements and provide relevant information to be use for Budget Review Committee Meeting and Work Program and Budget Framework preparation.
• Contribute to the planning and consolidation of inputs to the Workload and Workforce Analysis and provide support to the drafting of the department Strategic Staffing Plan.
• Assist in the improvement of internal communication and facilitation of knowledge sharing among CWRD staff through the use of various technological platforms.
• Assist in CWRD initiatives for technological innovations and incorporation of new technologies into CWRD operations. Coordinate and work closely with OIST to support bank-wide initiative in upgrading ADB’s IT system and integrating and mainstreaming technological innovations into its operations.
• Perform coordination and administrative functions to support the CWOD including, coordination with high-level management offices from external clients and from ADB, and with CWRD divisions and RMs and participate in various meetings related to personnel matters, as needed.
• Assist in intra-departmental communication and coordination, including through the use of sharepoint and other variable IT tools for various IT based exercises such as in PR exercise, workplan preparation time management system and others.
• Assist in and coordinate preparation and clearance of news releases, talking points, briefing papers and speeches.
• Assist in the review of the completeness and accuracy of data and ensure that CMS requests are in line with ADB standards; coordinate with the requesting division on approval workflow and act as alternate in endorsing departmental CMS requests for Director General as maybe required.
• Assist in the monitoring of CWRD office/space allocation requirements and coordination with Office of Administrative Services.
• Perform other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in social science, human resource management, communications or relevant discipline.
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
• Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
• Proficient in spreadsheets and required information technologies.
• Able to liaise and coordinate effectively with the CWRD sectors and RMs and other departments.
• Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff 7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.