Period of Performance On/About (From – To)
September 1, 2019
End of Project
Maximum Level of Effort
Base of Operations
The INVEST Program builds and flexibly deploys a network of experts from an array of organizations to frame and test customized financing solutions that address investment constraints, leverage additional capital, and generate development impacts to create value for USAID missions and operating units. The INVEST Program enables USAID to quickly access relevant expertise from a broad and diverse network of partners, provide tailored, co-created, customer-centric solutions, and drive cross-agency learning and advancement. Designed with a focus on researching, developing, and disseminating best-fit blended finance solutions, the INVEST Program pairs innovative technical approaches with new partnership models, and feeds learning back to USAID to inform its future initiatives in the areas of blended finance and private sector engagement.
The 5-year program has a small and dynamic management team based in Washington, DC with multiple field buy-ins. Given the flexible nature of this program, we anticipate this job description will evolve as the program grows.
The Operations Associate is a long-term position which will provide operational and administrative support to INVEST in the following areas: office management, administrative support to the project team and individual buy-in funded activities, procurement and subcontracts, compliance, and travel/security logistics. The Operations Associate will work with the dynamic and fast-paced Operations Team to support operational, finance, and procurement needs across the project and to support technical project requirements as they arise.
Objectives and Duties
- Provide administrative and logistical support for operational project needs: management of office-related tasks, scheduling/invites, technology resources, reserving rooms, and maintain project calendars (INVEST travel, reporting, evaluation panels, etc.);
- Provide administrative support for technical activities by reviewing invoices from consultants and subcontractors; supporting any operational procurements; coordinating meeting logistics (scheduling, notetaking); and coordinating travel and security logistics;
- Coordinate travel logistics, country clearance, and other necessary security compliance measures for core staff and buy-in staff/consultants;
- Support the maintenance of administrative records by saving and categorizing in a rational, straightforward hierarchy all documentation on shared file servers and project management systems in accordance with the project’s document saving protocol and norms;
- Assist with review of expense reports from project staff and invoices from independent consultants to ensure compliance with DAI finance and accounting procedures and project policies;
- Develop and maintain discrete project trackers (procurement, expenses, etc.) to ensure compliance and accurate record-keeping;
- Ensure that project inventory records remain up to date and that all inventory is tracked according to DAI policy;
- Support technical and operational procurements through document organization, note-taking, and working directly with the procurement team to ensure compliance with all DAI policies and procedures, in addition to audit support, as required
- Support DAI Home Office in procurement efforts for the project including: subscriptions, IT equipment, goods, and services utilizing DAI procurement systems and compliant with USAID and DAI regulations and systems;
- Provide event and meeting organization support as needed;
- Support and participate in key meetings with notetaking duties as needed;
- Assist with on-boarding process for new project staff;
- Other administrative or support duties as assigned.
- Operations Associate: Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant administrative, technical, or professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree in business, international relations, or related field;
- A self-directed individual with sound administrative skills, analytical ability, and strong operational focus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities quickly without compromising quality of work
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience providing support to teams and/or executives
- Data/systems/file management
Desirable but not required
- Experience in human resources and/or recruitment;
- Experience in finance, banking, or the investment industry;
- Experience supporting domestic and international travel.
- Event planning experience;
- Data/systems management.