The ILO is issuing a call for expression of interest for candidates who wish to be included in a pool for temporary positions at the General Service (GS), G5, level at ILO Dhaka Office.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application on-line in order to establish their profile in the pool, from which they may be considered for relevant opportunities that may arise.
The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status in Bangladesh.
The following are eligible to apply:
- External candidates
- Currently serving staff on DC or short-term contract (SST, ST, ST 3.5)
Internal candidates on RB (FT,WLT) contracts should not apply to this call.
Temporary appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of extension, renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A contract of between 3-12 months may be given.
The ILO values diversity among staff. We welcome applications from qualified men and women, including those with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ILO Country Office for Bangladesh seeks applications from experienced and qualified persons for the post of Operations Assistant in its Country Office in Bangladesh. The position will be jointly funded by the PSI and contributions from the ILO Development Cooperation projects operating in Bangladesh.
Reporting lines: The position will directly report to the Senior Operations Officer, CO-Dhaka and work under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director, ILO Country Office for Bangladesh.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
In accordance with the needs and priorities of the office where the position is located, the incumbent will provide services from among the following duties:
– Perform a range of specialized finance support functions and services for operational and payment-related work of the Office, including initiating and processing financial transactions in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and verifying that information and supporting documentation is in compliance with financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and applicable standards.
– Keep abreast of financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and processes and share information with concerned parties.
– Take necessary initiative for reimbursement of VAT from DEDO office on time. Gather/collect all Mushak-11 challan and other relevant documents for VAT reimbursement and timely submit for receipt of refund.
– Receive, screen, register, and route incoming correspondence, and attach necessary background information. Maintain outgoing correspondence register.
– Ensure the work unit’s filing systems are maintained, accessible and efficient.
– Draft correspondence on routine matters, prepare informal translations using word processing equipment, proofread and ensure that formatting, grammar, spelling and punctuation are correct and make photocopies as required.
– Maintain contact with and contact lists of ministers, government officials, employers’ and workers’ organizations, national and/or sub-regional and regional institutions, UN agencies and other international organizations
– Initiate procurement process including purchase order (PO) creation in IRIS to support the country office with issuance of contracts.
– Process travel authorization and prepare TT in IRIS as and when needed.
– Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor including sending faxes, email,
pouch and express mail and updating information on web sites.
Completion of secondary school education, plus formal training in computers and computer systems from a recognized commercial or technical school or equivalent.
Five years of experience in the financial management and secretarial support work
Excellent knowledge of the English as working language of the duty station and of Bangla as the national language of the duty station.
Knowledge and Competencies (technical/behavioural)
In addition to the ILO core competencies [Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation, Collaboration], this position requires:
Ability to interpret and work within the applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. Ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems. Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail. Confidentiality and a sense of responsibility to maintain data integrity. Ability to search, retrieve and compile information from a variety of sources. Ability to draft standard correspondence. Ability to reply in an appropriate manner to telephone, email and in-person inquiries. Ability to maintain records and files and update databases. Attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies. A high degree of discretion with sense of responsibility in dealing with confidential matters. Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Knowledge of general office procedures and proficient in the use of standard office equipment, ICT security principles and practices. Excellent knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
The ILO promotes equal opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive employment in conditions of freedom, equity, security, and human dignity.
optional section (only if needed)
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit ILO People. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Evaluation may include a telephone interview with a recruiter, one or several written tests, including a Ms Office online test, and an interview with a hiring manager. ILO uses communication technologies such as Zoom and Ms Teams in the process of assessment and evaluation of candidates.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.