BASIC PURPOSE: Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and supporting meetings and other events hosted by the General Secretary, this position is essential to the smooth operation of the Finance and Operations unit as well as the smooth functioning of the activities of the Board of Directors including semi-annual meetings and committee meetings, the oversight of all projects and events of the COO’s office including external boards where the COO serves as Global Ministries representative.
Indirectly providing oversight for support staff within the unit, the incumbent of this position will propose and monitor the most effective and efficient processes within the unit to ensure the completion of all tasks. The occupant of this position will also serve as the Recording Secretary for the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Management of specific projects and programs (including meeting of the Board of Directors and their subcommittees, meetings of external boards the COO serves being hosted by Global Ministries, Finance and Operations unit meetings)
- Scheduling of meetings, travel logistics and expense reports, for the COO;
· Manage tasks of highly confidential nature.
· Manage all tasks related to the Unit’s Leadership Team, All Staff, and the Board of Directors’ meetings.
· Capacity to supervise administrative staff in conjunction with program managers.
· Provide indirect management, support and direction to administrative staff regarding tasks
· Scheduling meetings and appointments and logistics coordination of meetings and events
· Manage travel schedules for COO and participants of events sponsored by COO or Board of Directors.
· Follow up on all legal contracts with consultants, vendors, etc. including renewal, legal review, etc.
· Review all expense statements from Directors and participants of events and submit to Accounts Payable for processing.
· Daily routine includes interaction with staff of all levels and at different geographic locations.
Board Recording Secretary
· In coordination with the COO and General Secretary, and working with the relevant staff and department head, manage and streamline the process around all Board Committee meetings: Schedule committee meetings (Committees include: Nominations, Finance, Budget, Audit, Investment);
· Work with appropriate managers or senior staff to set the agenda and prepare materials for Committee meetings;
· Take and disseminate minutes for each meeting;
· Communicate and monitor follow-ups from meetings through a centralized process;
· Assist and coordinate with the COO and General Secretary on all matters relating to the Board, including the planning and execution of Board and Executive Committee meetings;
· Maintain official records of the Board;
· Support the COO and General Secretary with regard to corporate functions, such as maintaining corporate records;
REQUIREMENTS and EXPERIENCE:
· 3-5 years of experience minimum in the area of project and people management.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
· Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
· Ability to manage and complete projects in a timely manner, without direct supervision
- Mission-driven; passionate about Global Ministries’ mission.
- Ability and finesse in working with all levels of staff and outside constituents.
- Detail-oriented and organized;
- The ability to successfully navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced
environment and solve problems when the answers aren’t always obvious.
- Takes initiative where appropriate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
· Will need to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to complete assignments in line with the Units activities and goals.
· The duties will require confidentiality, initiative, sound decision-making, independent judgment and the ability to escalate serious or unique problems to higher levels.
· Be self-motivated, have the ability to multi-task, be creative and proactive
· Understand and respect cultural, religious and political environments and use diplomacy when working with staff, partners and constituency.
- Persuades others; builds consensus through give and take; gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
- Develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
- Seeks to consistently produce results that achieve goals and objectives.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and observing deadlines.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good judgment, tact and discretion.
- Ability to translate ideas into action.
- Works with others towards common purposes to achieve shared goals by developing and maintaining responsive, cooperative and mutually beneficial internal and external relationships.