IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
The Country Manager is seeking applications for an Operations Analyst to assist in research, analytical, operational work and resource support in the Andean Region. He/ she will also be responsible for coordinating such work across managers, management team/ strategy unit for the sub-region.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.Background / General description
DR• Extract data on the sub-region from internal and external databases, manipulate and present the data in a variety of formats for a variety of audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency. He/she will be the ‘go-to’ person for data/ research and all operational/ resource support work for and from the sub-region that will generated/ initiated by the Country Manager and management teams in the sub-region. Prepare progress reports and any other documentation or materials required. Preparation of sections of CPF documents and country strategy submissions as inputs into business plans, work program agreements, mid-year and retrospective and mid-year reviews, etc.;
• Review and screening of relevant documents/reports for consistency with country strategies;
• Liaise and interact effectively with an extensive network of contacts, at senior levels (both internal and external), and respond effectively to inquiries and to diverse situations that require tact and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
• Under guidance of the Country Manager, advise project teams on the country context, IFC role, strategic fit, World Bank Group objectives, local markets, pipe-line and portfolio. He/she must maintain high degree of discretion and professionalism.
• Provide any other assistance needed by the Country Manager for the day-to-day coordination of activities.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations in the region, and respond quickly to queries from HQ management and staff.
• Construct and maintain reports to analyze and report on operational and development impact performance of the sub-region.
• Prepare presentations and reports to present information and analysis to a variety of audiences.
• Conduct research, analysis and compile information from corporate sources/systems for the benefit of the work in the sub-region.
• Provide research/ analytical support to work products produced and on particular assignments that may come up, as directed by the Country Manager.Duties and Accountabilities
SC• Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, business or similar
• Two years’ work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment
• Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries. High on energy with strong professionalism/ maintaining confidentiality and using discretion when required
• Familiarity with IFC databases (such as MIS, RMS, and other iDesk applications) would be an advantage
• Experience of IFC strategy and budgeting processes would be an advantage
• Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects
As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in teams -with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families.
Applications should be sent in English. All applications must be submitted through this website. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letter should clearly describe the relevant results the candidate has delivered in prior positions, rather than simply listing responsibilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The contract for this position has an initial duration of 2 years (renewable), with a one-year probation period and subject to be renewed. This is a local hire (paid in local currency). The appointee will be stationed in Bogota, Colombia.Selection Criteria